Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

well, crap timing, get home from work, and my xbox needs a system update. keep getting the black screen of death upon restart. follow the troubleshooting steps, and it says I need a USB flahdrive with 4 GBs, and hook it up to my PC. God, I may or may not have a flashdrive floating around the house somewhere, or in the garage, I don’t know. And my pc is spotty at best, hardly use it. Guess I’ll work on it on my day off Thursday, pain in the ass.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Workmate has taken all next week off work, and wifey has taken the launch day and day after off work to play it. We both have the digital version, but mine didn't download as i don't have enough free space.

Ain't bovvid though, as i've got to try get through Mafia III, Far Cry Primal, Far Cry 5, Ghost Recon Wildlands and a couple other games first. So probably a good month or more till i get to RDR2.

Do you even game?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Nup.

Got stuck playing GTA Online (in private/friends only lobbies) and a couple of others way too much over the last year or two, and ended up building up a backlog of games. Got thru all the smaller ones, just the big ones left. Most of them are download, not physical copies.

Junior Potato
    Embargo is lifted. Reviews are up.

Looks fucking amazing, but I can't get into the western setting for whatever reason. I had a similar problem with Witcher 3, I got it, looks amazing, and I can tell it's objectively good... but the super serious medieval tone kinda put me off so I didn't get further than 15 minutes. Yet I absolutely love open world, sprawling games (BotW, HZD, XC2, etc)

Paraphrasing the Kotaku podcast I'm listening to right now:
    This is nothing like most games...they want to entertain you, they want to thrill you, they want to make you feel powerful. This game disempowers you at so many turns, inconveniences you at so many turns, it forces you to struggle through it, it's difficult to play, the story is hardcore, horrible things happen to people that you like, it really just is a hard hitting grim game.
    Yeah, no thanks. But if you like that kind of thing, it seems like it's the best ever of these kinds of things.

So far, too much The Walking Dead: Complete first season, not enough action. And it’s making my Forza 7 stutter. May be “returning” this one Monday.

Haven't played it, may or may not in the end, but saw this meme that seems accurate, from what I've seen on social media.

Junior Potato
    So, uh, has anyone been playing?

I finally got the chance to start it last night and put about three hours in. I completed chapter 1 and arrived at the second camp, then took some time exploring the town of Valentine. Got in a bar fight.

So far it’s failing to set my world on fire. The minutiae of its systems and detail strike me right away as things that will distract from the fantasy of being a gunslinger that RDR1 nailed so perfectly, and this is a nasty contrast to the amount of time and crunch that the Rockstar employees were forced to do to get this out the door.

But it could be one of those slow-burn games that you fall in love with eventually so I’ll give it time. Today I’m going to hop on *a* horse (not mine, as I don’t want to lose it just yet) and fuck off to see the world. The story missions can wait a bit I think. I’m playing with no radar so it’ll be fun.