Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

It does look really really good from a visual perspective.

But I have never liked the shooting mechanics in the Rockstar games. They've always been this janky 3rd person view. That was ok in GTA III and some of the other early games but has become unimpressive in the later games. Just takes a lot away from the experience.

But didn't they release a FPS version of GTAV? So, is that gonna be part of RDR2? Or is it going to be a feature they release later......

I'm going to wait and see on this. I want to like it but as folks have said above, lots of questions need answered first.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    The more I see of it, the more I just want to play the first one again, where I know there won't be lots of extras I have to pay for, etc.

Once the new one is out for a while, we'll know what R* wants to do.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I'll place my bets now that, unlike the first Red Dead, they WON"T have a friendly public free roam mode in online. And i'm confident of that because it simply won't make them money, so they won't see any point including it.

GTA Online has been said to be the absolute most toxic online community out of all games out there. Which i believe to be true, as in a lot of public online games developers always try to make things balanced and remove/null trolls/griefers etc, whereas Rockstar are doing the opposite and almost encouraging it.
    Just look around social media etc for proof, namely when someone complains how hard it is to get anywhere in the game without shark cards etc, diehard trolls players wil e-bash the crap out of them and usually tell them to go play another game etc.

But money talks, and the normalies out there are getting drowned out by the trolls and griefers.

Junior Potato
    GOTY material.

One week away, last time I was this excited about a game was GTA V. Shocked to read It would take over 100GB of space, ffs.
    Last edited by lostnight; October 18th, 2018 at 10:59 PM.

Junior Potato
    That’s normal now.

Got it downloaded and ready to go on Thursday night. This is shaping up to be a real landmark title. I am excited. Even your horses testes will shrink and expand depending on the weather!

Junior Potato
    Events have conspired against me, so instead of playing RDR on Friday I’ll be saddling up and pointing my mechanised steed towards the horizon and riding with fellow travellers to a hotel in the middle of nowhere to watch MotoGP.

I’ll play it when I get home on Monday… or Tuesday.

I’ll have to go on an internet blackout for a few days!

Junior Potato
    On that note, I’ve seen a headline pointing out that RDR2’s map has been leaked.

Time to seal myself in a concrete bunker.