Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Junior Potato
    I fell in love with this game, right towards the end.

If I was to play it again I’d definitely play it differently. I’d spend more time smelling the roses and enjoying the world. As it was I jumped more-or-less in a straight line from mission to mission, because the story was so compelling.

Anyway, a favourite late-game scene featured this music. It was so cool

I started the game yesterday and did nothing but fish. I'm taking the slow way through it, still near the beginning of Chapter 3.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I've been playing it the last few days, I'm not even sure what "chapter" I'm on.

I have a bad tendency to murder every person I see in my travels.

I did throw a stick of dynamite into a Klan meeting. That was extremely satisfying.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    So I'm assuming I'm the only one still playing this?

I've all but abandoned the story line for about a month, just fucking around with challenges/etc.

That said, Fuck Rockstar for their lame "you must soak time into this" shit. Exhibit 1: Challenges: you look at what you have to do for each one, and most of the time it's something you've already done, but it doen't count, because that particular challenge wasn't unlocked.

The there's the one you have to lasso/drag some poor bastard for 3300 feet. Easy enough, except that if you go faster than a walk, they die. So, there's 20 minutes.

I think I'm somewhere in Ch 3 still.

Still though, you have to hand it to their absudety. I got the Legend of the East satchel (which took a FUCKTON of time), and it has a capacity of 99 of each item you can carry. 99 steaks from every animal type, 99 fish filets, 99 tonics/etc. It's like you're a walking Costco.

Yeah the challenges can be weird that way. I have finished some, others Im still on 2!
    Hmm I dont remember spending 20 mins with the lasso... it was a while.
    Also the "shoot someone from X distance" had me pot shotting any random person from a high location.

Junior Potato
    As I played the game, I didn’t complete any challenges.

The game is so big that I figured that I will never see everything anyway, so there was no point getting stuck into its minuitae. It wanted to be just like real life, and just like real life I’m never going to enter every doorway or speak to every person so I treated the game as such.

It kinda sucks, because most games sort of throw 90% of it your way as you go when completing the main storyline. I thought I’d be at least unlocking most of the lower tier challenges as I went.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I still haven't played it, only 40% through Far Cry Primal, and have Far Cry 5 and a couple other games to go through before RDR2 yet. And when i go weeks without gaming (yesterday was the first time in about three weeks that i bothered to play a game) it's not helping me get through those games.

Dont start till you have some time...
    it takes a little bit to get into it, but then it bites hard.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I can attest.

When the non-mountain camp got settled (early_, I was like, "meh"....Then I started it up after a month of not playing, and it's been nothing short of a clinical addiction since.

Now the Far Cry 5 expansion is about to come out as well... fuck.

Oh Id forgotten what a slog it was right at the start...
    yes you need to learn controls and what its all about - but damn it - snow is not that fun!