Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

I'm still playing it, but I didn't start until late December, and I basically play it once a week.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    but damn it - snow is not that fun!
    The snow is… okay! Have you gone back up there later on? I did, and went exploring. Caught a nice rare white stallion. Explored the cabins. Found a creepy frozen cadaver on a ridge. His rifle would’ve been a powerful early-game pickup.

The snow sucked early on because it was all blizzard and no chill in the prologue. Late in the game when it’s sunny it’s actually quite nice.

I played it non-stop through finals and through the holiday. Then just stopped playing one day and haven't missed it. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but unless I have hours and hours to dedicate to it I just won't get into it. I'm looking forward to getting back in when things calm down for me, probably this summer.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm finding myself distracted/obsessed with everything except the story. Some of the challenges are fucking ridiculous, but, what the hell. It's about the only thing I'd be playing right now anyway.

The story line is fantastic, the graphics tremendous, but the controls...

Female Masturbatory Aid
    After a solid month of hunting (for completion of compendium) and challenges, I checked back into the story, at the third mission in Chapter 3 (looked at the mission list)....

So, still a fucking ton to go. I may get to Chapter 4, then fuck around a little more.

There is some satisfaction completing a category of challenges (2 left in herbalist, 1 in sharpshooter, weapons master complete). At 84% of Zoologist achievement, which is a pain in the ass....

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Just got to New Austin (albeit early, thanks google/glitch).

I'm only interested in the zoologist and Skin deep achievements with it.

I love doing shit you're not supposed to .

Female Masturbatory Aid
    So, 5 months in, still in Chapter 4, been working on side shit and challenges, until today.

Have 5 of 90 challenges left, and hit "THE" rage-inducing stupid-as-fuck challenge.

"Win 3 hands of Blackjack with 3 hits or more" (have 5 cards and not bust AND win the hand)

4 hours, and nothing. Then, I got dealt two aces, this is promising, 5 cards, 19 showing.. dealer has 16, draws a 5.

Very next hand, 5 cards, 20, dealer draws a card to get 20 and a push=no win. hour later, nothing close.

Fuck Rockstar with this. I've prided myself getting 100% on each of their games I've played in the past, but this one will be an emphatic "FUCK THAT". 5 fucking hours, an impossible AI, for a "challenge" that is of no discernible skill, other than RNG fortune. AND, you have to do it THREE TIMES. Once would have been more than enough. The fact the dealer always has a 10/face card showing after the initial deal tells me they are fucking sadists. Reddit/'net are full of 1000s of the same review/outcomes. It's fucking ridiculous. Apparently, the next challenge is even worse.

Such a shame. So, I guess I'll finish the story and move on.

Fuck you Rockstar

I'm still in Chapter 3. Some days I just ride into the mountains and hunt. And that's fine.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Done that too. Got about 3 animals left for the compendium, spent HOURS on that, and it was enjoyable. Broke all the wild horse breeds, caught all the fish, picked all the plants. But this one challenge, is wholly ridiculous.

I may just go camp in the mountains and hunt bigfoot.