Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Politics II' Champion Ediition

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Politics II' Champion Ediition

Spurred by a couple of comments in the politics thread, one of which is:

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Honest Abe, because Teddy would be too busy beating the crap out of Trump
    I'd like to know, in your honest opinion, who do you think was the toughest motherfucker ever to sit behind a presidential desk.

But, with this being an international forum and also a video games forum, I'd like to propose the following idea...

Can we have a 16 competitor, single elimination tournament? Yanks can nominate 8 prez, Canucks 4 and me another 4, and then we have a champion.

Maybe the Eurasians can do the same and then we'd have a final face off, what do you guys reckon? fun way to kill time?
    acket.

I'm pretty sure Teddy's gonna dominate. Just 'cuz Abe swung an axe doesn't mean he could do jack in a fight.

But nonetheless, I would participate. Jean Chretien had no problem smacking the shit out of some overzealous protesters, in his day. And Trudeau is a fairly good amateur boxer.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Yeah, Teddy was pretty bad-ass...from leading the charge of the Rough Riders in Cuba against the Spanish, getting shot in the chest and continuing to give a 90 minute speech before going to the hospital, surviving severe illness in some of the most brutal conditions possible in the Amazon rainforest...mentally getting past his wife and mother dying on the SAME day, to go on to become president later.

Oh, and when he was young he had severe asthma and the doctor told him not to do any strenuous work, so he did the exact opposite, overcoming that in the process.

Administrator
    I think it was Taft, 'cause ain't nobody getting him out of that bathtub once he's stuck in it.

Ok. I have my picks. It was a difficult choice because of the restriction that the man had to have been head of state. And ours were mostly rich wusses.

Vicente Guerrero (b. 1782) assumed office in 1829. 5'5", strong/slender. Of mixed parentage, afro-indigenous by most accounts. Son of a merchant, spent his youth traversing the sierras leading his father's mule caravans, might have done a bit of sailing. By age 28 he was a commander in the rebellion against Spain and spent from 1816 to 1821 in mountain guerrillas. What is to be believed to be his bone remains present 4 broken and displaced ribs on his right side and bony growths on his shoulder girdle; i.e. he received a blade slash from a charging rider. Was executed by firing squad, probably as a consequence of a conspiracy by rich land owners who did not want a person of color as president.

Pedro Anaya (b. 1795) assumed office twice in 1847. From a rich family, joined the independence movement as a young man when it became clear that that was best decision for land-owning white families. Spent most of his adult life in the Armed forces. In his 20s he was sent to defend the alliance of Guatemala into the Mexican republic, so he suffered and overcame tropical disease. Famously commandered one of the batallions at the Battle of Churubusco where his men were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Scott's men.

Miguel Miramón (b. 1832) assumed anti-constitutional office in 1859. At fifteen he was made prisoner by the invading U.S. forces after the unsuccessful defense of the Chapultepec Castle where he was a cadet. Spent the next decade in the reactionary guerrillas. As a conservative, he sided with the French during the occupation and at age 34 was executed alongside Maximilian. He has been described as athletic and of average height (5' 5" probs).

Plutarco Elías Calles(b. 1877) assumed office in 1924. A robust six-footer. Was the natural son of a drunk and became an orphan during childhood. Was adopted by his late mother's sister and her husband, a staunch atheist. Worked odd jobs in his youth, from schoolteacher to bartender. Joined the revolutionary forces in 1911 and by 1915 he was a general and became governor of the State of Sonora. Less than ten years later he was president.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 16th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.
    acket.

Genghis Khan (b. 1162) Conqueror of most Eurasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think it was Taft, 'cause ain't nobody getting him out of that bathtub once he's stuck in it.
    Impressive physique for that old man. Are there pictures of him in his youth?
    acket.

Great idea for a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid
    Just 'cuz Abe swung an axe doesn't mean he could do jack in a fight.
    Several sources says the tall country boy was quite the wrestler in his day.

https://www.history.com/news/10-thin...braham-lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario
    Are there pictures of him in his youth?
    I dunno, but there's this:

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Great idea for a topic.

Several sources says the tall country boy was quite the wrestler in his day.

https://www.history.com/news/10-thin...braham-lincoln

It's true, quite the brawler.