Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Philisophical political thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    IIRC, If a false accusation is made regarding rape, you can be prosecuted to felony level prosecution. I could be wrong though
    Something like this is happening locally: https://triblive.com/local/regional/...boy-with-false

The 26-page lawsuit — filed in Pittsburgh on the eve of Mean Girls Day — alleges that T.F. “was forced to endure multiple court appearances, detention in a juvenile facility, detention at home, the loss of his liberty and other damages until several of the girls reluctantly admitted that their accusations were false” this summer.
    A group of high school girls got together and falsely accused a classmate of sexual assault. It resulted in him being arrested and confined, driven out of school, off of the baseball team, etc. As of four days ago the girls and their parents, one of which is a police officer, are still harassing him when he shows up to take exams at the school. The extent of liability in a civil suit would be the parents of each of the girls would have to pay a maximum of $2,500. The school has deeper pockets but their liability is shielded fairly well. In light of the current harassment the complaint could be amended to name the police officer specifically as his participation has opened him up to being personally liable, not just as a proxy for his daughter. I hope he prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I'm quoting from there so as to keep the billi bashing here...

Spoiler:
    Dude, you can compare Trump to Hitler and yet not vote on the person who could defeat him?
    Some serious cognitive dissonance there, buddy!
    Why do you need to hide your own response? You should hide my response dude!

Anyway, in terms of delivering speeches and manipulating crowds, there are certainly similarities between Trump and Hitler. However, overall personality-wise, the two are not quite that similar I don't think...

It's just very difficult for people to get to the core of Trump IMHO. He's like a shapeshifter... adapts himself into whatever forms to get what he wants. He can be a liberal entrepreneurial playboy and then be born again conservative christian the next if it get help move him toward his goal. Nationalism is currently the game so he's playing that game... he also envies dictators and not shy about becoming one if he could do it... I suppose he could morph into another Hitler, but I doubt US government can currently be compromised enough to install a dictator...

Take racism for example. Not all Trump supporters are racists, but his problem is that pretty much all racists are Trump supporters. Well, he probably won't perceive that as a problem. Whatever helps him, he'll take it. If KKK and neo-nazi's could help him win his 2nd term, I have no doubt he'll become a white supremacist and make America white again! However, since majority of Americans are NOT racists, that strategy just won't work... so he probably won't go there.

Maybe Hitler was a shapeshifter too... and it was the Germans who help shape him into what he was? I don't know.

BTW, with regard to Hillary, I think she's a "shapeshifter" as well.

Have you never experienced being stuck in between a rock and a hard place? If both option A and option B sucks, do you always pick one anyway? If you think one is better, by all means pick the one you want. I was leaning Trump because he's the only other anti-establishment candidate left, but the more we know about him... the more unelectable he becomes...

Our last election was really Hillary's to lose. Demcrats are just not very good at political game. Maybe it's good that we let the conservatives have control of everything for awhile..., if they can do a good job, great! If even the republican voters get sick of them, then maybe democrats will finally have a chance to win back control to show people what they're made of...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 9th, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Why do you need to hide your own response? You should hide my response dude!
    You get the idea.
    acket.

I think your safe in this thread. Any Billi haters who ventured into this thread can’t complain anyway...