Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

Administrator
    Fun fact about Rez - it's actually an old Dreamcast game that, in Japan, came with a peripheral called the "Trance Vibrator". They did not sell that peripheral here.

It's also *way easier* with VR, at least on the Rift. Before it was hard as hell to aim with the reticule using the joystick, now you just point your hand at what you want to shoot.

I am curious to hear how Anthem is progressing.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Fun fact about Rez - it's actually an old Dreamcast game that, in Japan, came with a peripheral called the "Trance Vibrator". They did not sell that peripheral here.

It's also *way easier* with VR, at least on the Rift. Before it was hard as hell to aim with the reticule using the joystick, now you just point your hand at what you want to shoot.
    Rez is awesome. I bought on X360 back in the day and really enjoyed it. I would LOVE to try it in VR. I’ve yet to try Lumines tho (it’s from the same designer) but that’s coming to Switch soon so that’ll fix it.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    That is a pretty cool trailer actually.

Seems like you'll be playing traditional Tetris, but with transparent blocks, and music/art experience backgrounds going at all times.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    EA has announced the name of Respawn’s Star Wars game and it’s Jedi: Fallen Order. It’s set between Eposide 3 and 4, during the rise of the Empire period, when the last of the Jedi are being hunted and killed. They’ve slated a holiday ‘19 release window.

Junior Potato
    Here’s what you all wanted to see:

Destiny-meets-Iron Man game Anthem. Feb 22 next year. EA press conference “No loot boxes, no loot boxes, no loot boxes. Also did we mention it’ll have no loot boxes?”

Also a gameplay trailer with no gameplay.

Junior Potato
    There’s gameplay here - skip about 15 minutes in.

The above gameplay video looping with commentary from a YouTuber that has played it.

Notes from these and other videos:

Basics
    - Launches February 22, 2019
    - Always online, even story modes
    - Story elements can be played solo, doesn't seem like difficulty scales
    - As RWA said, no loot boxes
    - No ability to buy gameplay items with real money, only cosmetics
    - No Mass Effect/Dragon Age-style romances
    - The story concept is that you're on a world where the machines used to create it are still there, so they have a canonical excuse to modify or add areas

Classes/Leveling
    - Four Javelin classes: Ranger (all-around), Colossus (tank), Storm (mage, glass cannon), Interceptor (fast)
    - You can level up your pilot, with your own perks, and have multiple Javelins with different classes and loadouts
    - There is scaling fall damage for the different Javelins: Colossus takes no fall damage, Storm does
    - Each class has a unique melee (Colossus has/can do a ground pound)

Weapons/Attachments
    - Each Javelin has two weapon slots, two attachment slots, and an ultimate ability slot
    - Attachments seen so far seem to be shield, flamethrower, pulse cannon, freeze grenade, and mortars
    - Weapons and attachments are both loot items, with varying levels and types (example given was mortars can fire one or several explosives)
    - Only ultimate ability seen so far, I think, is the Ranger's lock-on missile barrage

Gameplay
    - Flying is not unlimited: you have to manage heat, either by landing or flying through water
    - Lots of verticality, with underwater caverns and ledges/treetops to land on and take off from
    - Reloading and swapping weapons is the same button: press to reload, hold to swap

Get that weak shit off my track