Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP Anthony Bourdain

I'm far more bothered by this than any celebrity death I can think of prior to this.

Really? Robin Williams hit me harder...

These suicides are as baffling as mass shootings imho. Ones directed inwardly and the other directed outwardly. Don't think celeb suicides have less death count, they usually result in huge bumps in suicides nation wide...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Bourdain had drug problems in the past, perhaps that contributed to the situation.

The idea that he did it because his girlfriend Asia whatever was seeing some reporter on the side is pretty funny. Women, amirite?

Administrator
    From what I gather they had an open relationship, so that would be a little surprising.

Yeah, that's what I meant by 'funny', should have said 'absurd.' Supposedly she's taking some heat for it on social media which is unfortunate given how hard of a time she's probably having right now.

Administrator
    Ahh, sorry, misread. Total agreement then.

Administrator
    It doesn't really fit here, but it's the same vein. Jonathan Gold was like our local Bourdain. Not as brash, not as good on TV, but a good writer and one who believed in the democracy of food. He was the first one in LA to not eschew fine dining, but to put it on equal footing with a food truck. It was just about the food, and because of both him and Bourdain, I've had amazing meals I would never have had if it weren't for them. Memories of smells, tastes, and company. He died today, at 57, of pancreatic cancer.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituar...721-story.html