Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Anthony Bourdain

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yeah, soft diplomacy has lost big.

RIP
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I do wonder if suicide rates overall have gone up since the orange idiot took office

Administrator
    CDC says that they're up 25% since 1999, but it sounds like those stats only go up through 2016.

I think suicides went up 10% or something post Robin Williams.

Currently there'll probably be another wave post Kate Spade and Anthony...

What's really shitty is that as we advertise about suicide hotlines for people to seek help more and more, the simple fact that we advertised about it will cause suicide rates to go up.

Anthony talked about daughter giving him reasons to not kill himself, but I guess power of love just isn't great enough to overcome this sickness/epidemic...

Anyone suicidal on this forum reading this post? Just makes sure you procrastinate it til later okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Out of curiosity, how so? I know I wasn't sold on the Los Angeles episode, though I chalked that up to trying to cover one of the biggest cities in the world in an hour episode.
    Some Yinzers just didn't like it because it wasn't a postcard to the city. I was let down because the stuff covered was just completely irrelevant to the city and I thought an opportunity was missed. From memory he started the show in Bloomfield playing boccie which was ruined by a thunderstorm, pretty on point. The rest of the show was misplaced or flatly misrepresented:

-Did a whole segment on WWF style wresting (could have been anywhere).
    -Did a segment where he drove to another county and had dinner in a barn with some restaurateurs who have gentrified some downtown neighborhoods. Mehhhhhhh, bad setting.
    -A segment on how hockey fans (read: white people) ruined the hill district (read: black people) by building an arena. Except the arena was built as an opera house in 1961 and the NHL didn't come to Pittsburgh until 1967. (Misrepresentation)
    -Final segment was them going to another county and watching a demolition derby.

Just a really underwhelming collection of unconnected stories that didn't have anything to do with Pittsburgh at all.

Loved No Reservations and Parts Unknown. RIP.

RIP a true ambassador of humanity to all humans.

A flawed but good dude who never stopped showing us that we are all the same.

Administrator
    I'm trying to imagine what his reaction would be to Alex Jones claiming that he was actually murdered by globalists because he was about to come out as a Trump supporter.

Administrator
    Bourdain appearing on Jonah Ray Rodrigues' parody of Parts Unknown: https://twitter.com/jonahray/status/1005109320785072128