Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That's The Last Straw (literally)

Cant remember the last straw I used.
    I dont go to fast food places and order a drink often. Ok so maybe a Maccas thick shake a few years ago.

They do seem like they are non-essential and they do a lot of harm (easy to litter, hard to clean up)
    Happy to seem them reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Cant remember the last straw I used.
    I dont go to fast food places and order a drink often. Ok so maybe a Maccas thick shake a few years ago.

They do seem like they are non-essential and they do a lot of harm (easy to litter, hard to clean up)
    Happy to seem them reduced.
    I agree.

Well, straws are super essential for the disabled. However, we could substitute them with metal or more recyclable forms of straws.

Point is non-essential for you doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

I don't need a straw for my Coke, but I do need it for my Boba/tapioca drink!!!

I just don't understand why people have to litter at this day and age. Why don't those people just shove trash up their asses?

My wife just recently bought some metal straws for her and my daughter. I don't use straws except for maybe in a milk shake.

But in general, I am all for whatever we can do to reduce the waste.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    There will always be complainers. Starbucks is under fire for trying to phase it out...

https://newrepublic.com/article/1498...-missing-point

Anyway, non recyclable plastic thing for sure need to be cut back somehow.
    Here Woolworths is copping the complaints for eliminating plastic shopping bags, but it is the law, not Woolworths’ fault.

I don't need a straw for my Coke, but I do need it for my Boba/tapioca drink!!!
    Both will make you fat and weak.

Metal or paper straws are fine.

Spirit is willing, but flesh is weak... I do try not to have too much, but not sure if I can quit completely...

Anyway, point is straws are needed, just need to minimize plastic ones... and people need to learn to not litter!

There's a company here that makes paper straws.

News says they are the only company in the US that does and they are trying to expand big time due to all this going on. Their website is kind of old style but they seem to have a paper version of any straw you could need.

Personally I don't use plastic straws except for fast food. For home and work I use one of those metal insulated cups with some sort of acrylic straw. Company seems to call it Tritan. I love the stupid thing, keeps things cold for a long time even when its hot out.

Spirit is willing, but flesh is weak... I do try not to have too much, but not sure if I can quit completely...
    It's OK, you're just like most of the population. Which means you are fat and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    It's OK, you're just like most of the population. Which means you are fat and weak.
    Yes, I am pretty weak, but barely not fat according to my BMI. I used to be barely fat, but my somewhat gluten free diet somehow has pushed me couple pounds into the normal weight territory! So for now I'm just weak!