Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my top!

Aww, man... bummer.

You haven’t taken the top off for years?
    The “convertible police” should stop you and issue you a ticket for driving with the top up.
    I only drive with the top up if it’s raining. Doesn’t matter how cold it is, roof is down.
    Ok I did change that rule, it snowed on me once, so rule is now rain or snow! When the snow stopped I put the roof back down. And yes the temps were still at freezing.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it will work out and maybe you will drive the car more.

It's a 2 man job removing the hardtop, plus I don't have much space in the garage to store it... hence I just left it on for years ever since the arrival of the baby I think... thought it'd be safer and harder for thieves to break in...

On the bright side, my 16 year old soft top now looks brand new thanks to the protective hardtop...

Anyway, now it'll be easy for me to copy your rule!

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    But anyway, that really sucks. I will admit i'm not a fan at all of hardtops on convertibles that predominantly use soft tops (MX-5/Miata, S2000, Boxster etc) because to me it just looks strange. I'm too used to seeing the soft tops.
    I always thought the BMW Z3 looked good with the hard top.

Courtesy of Goggle Maps, I can prove to my insurance that I once upon a time owned a hardtop.

It's not that bad looking I don't think... and it protected my soft top over the years...

Hardtop does end up with more rattling noises and surprising wind noises compared to soft top.

Perhaps I'm better off without it!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 30th, 2018 at 09:58 AM.

That shit ain't right!

I left mine on most of the time I had my S2k, too. It was much better for security (people loved to steal the seats back then, don't know about now), rear visibility, and protecting the soft top from sun damage. I removed it at autox events or for the odd weekend excursion but for the commute etc it stayed on for practical reasons. Didn't hurt that it's a good looking top.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    It's a 2 man job removing the hardtop
    Technically...

Sorry to hear you lost your top. Hoping insurance comes through!

Do you still have it? If yes, I recommend hardtop locks to deter thieves from stealing yours.

AAA can’t get a replacement from Honda nor could they find one in the used market so they decided to just write me a $3000 check. The original MSRP price from Honda.

I’ll probably eventually get a cheaper aftermarket top, but for now, I’ll enjoy my car topless for a while...

[edit]
    Just realized you wrote 'HAD', so you've lost the whole damn car already!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 31st, 2018 at 08:53 AM.

Yep, sold in 2011 to move to England. Reunited with it a couple weeks ago at an autocross in WA when its Canadian owner drove down. Doesn't look like the same car anymore!

Mine still looks the same since the last time you drove it back in early 2000... minus the top of course!