Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    The saga of this game's development woes would make a great documentary.

I honestly didn't realize it was planned for 7 years. It feels so much worse when I realized that.

BTW if anyone's interested, here's a very good rundown of why this game doesn't live up to expectations (even lower ones):

Having said that, I am enjoying the game for what it is, and maybe we'll get more content and more features later on.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I honestly didn't realize it was planned for 7 years. It feels so much worse when I realized that.
    Wait till you see the reaction to Winds of Winter. lol

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Wait till you see the reaction to Winds of Winter. lol
    Oh yeah I can't wait to see what the online 'fan' community will have to say about the book.

"Like OMMMGGGG WHY DID HE NOT FOLLOW THE *ACTUAL* ENDING!!!!"

Junior Potato
    Here's what CDPR was doing instead of, you know, making sure the game was good and stable on last-gen consoles.

Pretty cool tho. It's a tune from the Witcher III soundtrack.

It does seem their priorities for the game were WAAAY out of whack...I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but not sure how they screw things up this badly...I'm hoping in 6 months we'll get a better version of the game with patches, etc.

Junior Potato
    I’m of the mind that we will never see a last-gen console version that runs acceptably well on the base model systems. Not without almost rebuilding every system in the game, right down to the lighting effects. Their biggest hurdle is data streaming from the hard disk.

Unfortunately they have got themselves painted into a corner by having to support the game for all consoles for years to come, and that has got to be expensive.

Administrator
    Just wanted to say that this game looks fucking bonkers on an RTX 3080. Carry on.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I've decided that I will re-visit when (if?) the 3090 arrives. Currently playing Hitman 2, because, why not.

I will say though, when you start CP2077 with all abilities and skills maxed out (plus multiple skill points dumped in the "lvl 20 required' bonus, you are a one-shot, head-popping machine. This applies to any gun in your hands.
    It's still fucking hilarious to me to Cyberpsychosis someone in a group, with the hacking skills maxed out, it actually chains to someone else in the ping group. After a 30 second cool down, I hit someone else not affected by it.

In the end, you've got 7-8 NPC baddies all shooting/fighting/stabbing each other. Last one standing then puts a bullet in their own brainpan. Maybe I'm psycho, but that shit puts me in tears of laughter. It reminds me of the scene in RoboCop (the original), when the prototype wiped out all the technicians, then brain-drilled itself.

I will say that the legendary Ping is utterly ridiculous. Added with legendary contagion, you can wipe out a whole building before even setting foot inside. Short circuit is probably the next best one. Watching sparks/etc shoot from eyes and ears is pretty comical too.