Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I'm on Ryzen 3600, 16GB 3600Mhz, 2070 Super and 1080p 21:9... I'm going to target Ultra detail and RT between Minimum and High, I reckon.
    I'm wondering if the NVMe game install will particularly help with loading times in this precise game. I'm glad there's Dolby Atmos available.

EDIT: unfortunately the list does not declares what is the minimum target fps for those tiers; I'd love to be 60 fps, I worry it could be prehistorical 30 fps.
    Also, surprised the game install will only take 70GB, allegedly at least. I expected around 90-110GB.

Junior Potato
    An SSD will definitely help with environment streaming in the open world bits, I'm not sure an NVMe will give any further advantage.

And is Dolby Atmos worth it? I can download the app on Windows to use with headphones (apparently for free since I have Game Pass).

The amount of hype and odd (not necessarily bad) branded peripherals is astounding.

Junior Potato
    My favourite was the Cyberpunk RTX 2080 Ti

An undoubtedly cool and desirable piece of kit.

But fully outdated before the game even launched

Junior Potato
    Automated lip synch for every character and NPC, in every language that the audio was recorded

Though not as good as fully hand-animated facial expressions or performance capture.

The question is, which language do you want to play it in...?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Supposedly unlocking in 11 minutes. May fire it up for the intro, but doubt I'll give it too much of a go tonight.

That said, I've some how managed to miss ALL "gameplay", videos, reviews, etc this whole time. I honestly have no goddamn clue what this game is about. And I like that.

Junior Potato

(I bought the physical PC version that comes with the day 1 goodies like the console version does, which meant I had to wait until the shop opened before I could pick it up, and I started my download at 10am on launch day)

Junior Potato
    C Y B E R P U N K

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I created a character and then signed off. I'll piss around with it later.

I chose the Nomad (?) "path".

Junior Potato
    Six hours in and it’s like Deus Ex Human Revolution in an open world, and Deus Ex did it better… so far.

But this has swords and they’re fucking fantastic to use. And also boobs.

BEWBS…

There’s a story in there apparently but I haven’t been able to parse it yet. The characters seem to mumble and use overly cool jargon and you just go along with it and pick whatever random dialogue option you think fits. Is there any effect to this? Who knows? Why am I here?

I’m pretty sure the three starting options condense into the one story line after the second hour anyway. I picked the street kid option.

So far I’ve tried to steal a car then got arrested and met a dude and got new eyeballs then met another dude and he drove me across town then I went to a nightclub that looks like a strip joint from the outside and met the hot green-haired Hispanic girl from the trailers and watched a robbery of a convenience store from the perp’s eyes then snooped around an apartment for a freezer.

I can see the potential with it but right now it’s not grabbing me by the bewbs. I will stick with it, however I feel the biggest barrier is my own inability to empathise with the characters who are giving me missions and driving the story. Games like this have rarely been able to grab me; even GTA has been difficult to absorb and if it wasn’t for that game’s hilarious slapstick freedom then I doubt I would’ve finished their storylines.

We shall see. But game of the year this definitely isn’t. If you haven’t already bought it then wait until it’s patched, or you get a new console or GPU.