Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I'm waiting for it to be heavily discounted on Stadia, so I don't have to worry about downloading a terabyte of patches every month. They're already offering basically $100 in hardware free if you buy it, but it's the same hardware I just got for free as a Google One subscriber.

I absolutely want to play this but I'll be waiting until next year when I can get my hands on the latest GPUs and CPUs. And possibly a couple patches from CDPR.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    After a few hours, one thing is apparent. This needs mods. My #1 bitch about games in this genre: NPC bullet sponges. 5 headshots to kill one (or more, can't wait to see what it takes in later stages of the game)....

Graphically, I though it looked a little, well, shit. But turning off Chromatic Aberration, film grain (really?!) and the ridiculous lens flare, seemed to make it "nice". I also turned down motion blur which helped.

Still a lot to unwrap. Still trying to sort out the inventory and skills upgrade systems.

Junior Potato
    I encountered an annoying bug which some might be unaware of. Spoilers, obviously, but it comes early-ish in the game as you're descending out of Kopecki Plaza when the building is on full lockdown.

So:

You make your way towards some elevator shafts to escape the building, but the elevator you're meant to use is locked out by a key card. The enemy carrying it is supposed to come up via that elevator and burst out of it and shoot at you. On my first playthrough the enemy wasn't visible at all, and the key card thing wasn't clearly explained. I loaded an auto save from a few minutes beforehand and got to that point again. When the elevator opened the enemy was there but stationary and glitching in and out of existence. You can still shoot him and loot his corpse for the key card.

I thought I'd let people know in case they're having an issue like I did. Basically to fix it just re-load a recent auto save and you might be in luck.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Still trying to sort out the inventory and skills upgrade systems.
    Oh yeah, the UI there is terrible.

I've lost count of the number of times I have had to dig through the gun inventory when looking for one particular weapon that I accidentally moved into the armoury in the apartment.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Having played/modded games for decades, this one is screaming for mods.

They had a huge modding community for Witcher 3, I can only assume they'll follow suit with this one.

As mentioned, I'd be content with a mod right now, that only modified head shot damage to about 100X what it is now. If they're wearing a helmet/mask, that should offer some resistance. But if you shoot them in the face at point blank with a shotgun, you shouldn't have to pull the trigger twice.

Junior Potato
    Yep. As per the norm these days to increase difficulty they have subbed-in bullet sponge damage in the place of interesting and tactical AI.

I guess that’s why I’ve taken a liking to rushing in with a katana. I’m going for a noisy play style anyway so I might as well run around and turn it into a head removal factory while the guards lose their shit.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    In fact, it shits so bad on gameplay for me, I may wait until mods ARE available, if for no other reason to fix this bullshit.

Junior Potato
    I googled, I saw, I delivered!

https://www.google.com/search?q=cybe...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077

Looks like people are already working on it.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; December 11th, 2020 at 11:45 PM.