Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Morbid Obesity is now fashionable apparently

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    As an aside, I am not picking on you MR2 Fan. It's just that blaming the food is a really bad cop out that strips the person of their accountability for their actions and it's a huge peeve of mine.

At least the fattie on the magazine cover owns it.
    No, I understand your point, but perhaps the way calories are listed is incorrect? Like if the nutrition info doesn't show calories with carbs/sugars the same way?

It's just that blaming the food is a really bad cop out that strips the person of their accountability for their actions and it's a huge peeve of mine.
    It’s not always either one way or another... either black or white... either blame the food or blame the fatties themselves...

We currently have a culture that’s already leaning more toward blaming the fat folks themselves. Even the fat folks who are relatively healthy are looked down upon. A less healthy skinny person will not get that look compare to a healthy chubbier person.

Anyway, not trying to take away responsibility, I think is pretty clear that everyone metatbolize each of those calories differently. And people need to understand that not all fatties have bad health and all skinny folks are healthy.

Junior Potato
    ever read the book Bowling Alone?
    Nah.

Is there a movie version? I don’t want to have to go to the effort of reading it and using my brain.

It HAS to, HAS to be quality and quantity. Not one or the other. If it was just CICO, then you could literally eat nothing but Oreos your entire life and be perfectly healthy. Calories must be kept in check, but quality of food is ALSO necessary so that those calories meet all the necessary micro/macro-nutrient needs.

I think it's dangerous to be on EITHER side of the argument 100%. On one you're saying eat whatever the hell you want but keep it at reasonable portions, on the other side you're saying as long as you follow a particular substance diet, it doesn't matter how much. My mother-in-law is 400 lbs and devours an entire bag of strawberries every single day because she thinks it's "healthy." Both extremes are flawed thinking.

This is just going in circles now. I think I'm done with it.

Yup, Rubber Knife Fight Club!!

I think YW is right on.

In US, 60% of food we consume are processed foods. Govt subsidies for foods... only 4% goes to fruit and veggies. Unhealthier food is much cheaper and more readily available. This doesn't really help consumers exercise personal responsibility very much...

[edit] sorry I mixed up the poster, I meant to say tigeraid is right on... fuck YW!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 20th, 2018 at 10:42 AM.

Ash and I did paleo for a while. We felt great while we did it; but the cost in terms of time and money to gather the food and cook the meals was too high for us to sustain at that point in our life.

Now that we have the money, we don't have the time.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Ash and I did paleo for a while. We felt great while we did it; but the cost in terms of time and money to gather the food and cook the meals was too high for us to sustain at that point in our life.

Now that we have the money, we don't have the time.
    Right...the obvious ideal solution is for everyone to have their own personal chef who only cooks with fresh ingredients daily.......ahh, to be rich.

Works for DJT.