Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florence

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    As has been the case all summer, Pennsylvania is going to get soaked.
    Yeah. The complaint probably looks petty in comparison to what they're about to get in NC (qualification: landfall is occurring in the county I was born and spent half my life in) but Pennsylvania has been absolute shit this summer. A microcosm of that is we got the remnants of TD Gordon and it rained continuously from Friday night till mid day today. What was supposed to be a nice day tomorrow is now, haha, more rain in the morning. It's my last track day of the year and I made the mistake of looking at the forecast and thinking it was worth a damn. It's not.

And now, Florence will be here at the end of the weekend, to boot. I moved away from PA for a reason and I'm starting to get the itch again.

I will be sharpening my chainsaw today. Just watched a latest forecast and it's looking like it may turn a bit south toward SC. Well, at least we're insured.

Be safe, Cam. Good luck!

While I'm sorry it's turning your way, Cam... I'm super glad it's turned south, I didn't need a hurricane right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hm, while I'm thankful we're seemingly out of the direct path, it seems to be making a loop around, which depending on the birth of the storm, could mean lots of water. This will be fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    While I'm sorry it's turning your way, Cam... I'm super glad it's turned south, I didn't need a hurricane right now
    How's your roof?

Given a particularly intense wind ridge the NE quadrant of the storm is generating 83ft waves. That's astounding.

Are you talking to me? Secure for now, but that don't mean shit when the winds are 100+ mph. As I said, there are a few very large trees within striking distance of our house. That's the only thing I'm really worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    How's your roof?
    Not good, which is why I want it no where near me. Moving into a new place next weekend, thankfully.
    Last edited by Jason; September 12th, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Yeah. The complaint probably looks petty in comparison to what they're about to get in NC (qualification: landfall is occurring in the county I was born and spent half my life in) but Pennsylvania has been absolute shit this summer. A microcosm of that is we got the remnants of TD Gordon and it rained continuously from Friday night till mid day today. What was supposed to be a nice day tomorrow is now, haha, more rain in the morning. It's my last track day of the year and I made the mistake of looking at the forecast and thinking it was worth a damn. It's not.

And now, Florence will be here at the end of the weekend, to boot. I moved away from PA for a reason and I'm starting to get the itch again.
    Kansas City doesn't get hurricanes...

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Kansas City doesn't get hurricanes...
    Give it time....

We've officially gone into Hurricane/Disaster mode at work. Got my FEMA and Homeland Security pass, which is cool to say, but doesn't actually mean shit for me. Since I just go into the office like any other day.

Hopefully Florence fucks off, but it's looking like we may get a small piece of it.

Worst part is, our market's northern edge is Myrtle Beach, and the latest model shows it essentially going right through Savannah. Which would be about 60% of our overall market.

Cell towers and hurricanes are a battle for the ages. #IrmaWasFun #FML