Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Runaway Train Never Goin’ Back

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Methinks that getting the train stopped before it ploughed into a populated area took precedence over the potential entertainment value.
    It's WA, there's only one populated area and thats 2000km away!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Be patient, gentlemen. Remember that Australia has only had electricity for about thirty years now, and the internet is just now becoming available in the major cities hamlets.
    I know we are a bit backwards but one thing we do have is cities!
    Thats the problem - we have a huge bloody country and every bastard lives in one of about 5 cities. The rest of the place is empty. More people live within 10km of me than live in an area the size of Texas where this train derailment happened.

Junior Potato
    How does that compare to the state of Rhode Island?

Texas is about half the size of the Northern Territory, which is the top, middle region
    Last edited by G'day Mate; November 11th, 2018 at 01:59 PM.

But how about the size of Alaska....

Just sayin'

Western Australia (where this happened) - 2.6M km^2 (population 2.6M, of which 2M are in Perth)
    Alaska - 1.7M km^2

So yeah a lot bigger than Alaska and excluding the one major city - about the same population.

Until a few years ago there was a single electoral division that was 2.3M km^2 to include 80k voters. Again comfortably bigger than Alaska (close to Alaska+Texas) and from wikipedia, its an area the size of France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Poland and Great Britain combined.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Kalgoorlie

This is one of the least inhabited parts of the planet

By contrast I live in Ryde - population 116k, area 40km^2 (population will go up soon - finishing some large apartment blocks, Id guess 2000 units across about 10 buildings. Plus approving 2 building that will 60 storeys!! This is the same area that IMOA claims to have an office - but he is never there! This is a middle suburb, not an inner suburb, so about 16km from the city.

Yeah that train wasnt near any population centre!
    And this thread is derailed even more.

I was in the office for a couple of weeks in October! And I’ll be back in February!