Page 66 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Rich Energy says it will legally remove the individual who used social media to announce it was ending its association with the F1 team.

LOLZ
    Wtf?!!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I guess the legal department at Haas put in a hot lap.

And, I'll see myself out.
    acket.

F1 is my soap opera.

https://jalopnik.com/f1-sponsor-rich...-ye-1836281581
    Looks like we’re not done yet.

UPDATE 2:26 pm EST: William Storey, Rich Energy’s CEO, responded to an email we sent asking if he could clarify what was going on. We’ll just let his response speak for itself:

"I am the CEO and founder of Rich Energy and control the board of directors and all assets.
    I also control more than 51% of the shares
    There has been an attempted coup of my position by a handful of shareholders who have a cosy relationship with Red Bull and Whyte bikes.
    These shareholders led by Neville Weston and Charlie Simpson have failed in their efforts.

All key stakeholders support the current strategy of the UK’s premium energy drink Rich Energy"

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    He’s not just way faster then Gasly, but he also beat and sort of pushed out Ricciardo- the guy who was able to rattle Vettel.
    Verstappen is not betterrrrrererer than Ricciardo. He’s just the fortunate beneficiary of team favouritism when Ric was outperforming him. Ricciardo wanted to be in a team where he got clear #1 driver status, so he left. Verstappen didn’t push Ricciardo out. Red Bull did.

And so Verstappen has beaten Hamilton at Austria. Cool. It’s a track that favours the RBs over the Mercs.

I’m not going to call Verstappen a great driver unless he beats Hamilton over the course of a whole year, on multiple occasions. And if Hamilton retires before that happens, then Verstappen needs to be the dominant driver for the next 5+ years to be called great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Verstappen is not betterrrrrererer than Ricciardo. He’s just the fortunate beneficiary of team favouritism when Ric was outperforming him. Ricciardo wanted to be in a team where he got clear #1 driver status, so he left. Verstappen didn’t push Ricciardo out. Red Bull did.
    This. Totally agree.

Why do you think a team would favor the younger inexperienced dude over their original proven #1 driver?

Mclaren did that for Senna over Prost. Did it again for Hamilton over Alonso.

I don’t really think RB wanted to push Vettel nor Ricciardo out, I tend to think they just don’t want the pressure from a quick and younger teammate. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. Prost and Alonso all made similar decisions... because they’re losing their #1 status.

If you’re really crazy like Senna, surely he wouldn’t care because he knows he’s God chosen #1, but for those looking after their careers, surely you don’t want the world to see you getting your ass kicked by a jr teammate.

Fact that Ricciardo left should be indicative enough that Max was probably too much for Danny boy to handle...

Put Hamilton and Max together in the Same car, I’m not sure who’s get to the finish line faster. I’m pretty sure max can probably do a better job than Bottas or Rosberg.

I do believe Hamilton and Senna are the similar type who’d be happy to team up with max and end max’s career by finishing faster... anyway, all conjecture I suppose... time will tell. May be Max is really fast.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 11th, 2019 at 03:36 PM.

By that measure Button beat Hamilton in their 3-year spell together at McLaren.

acket.

I think that at least proved that Button wasn’t just lucky at Brawn GP.

Not only did he proved himself to be a bonafide #1 against Barichello, he also demonstrated that he could hang with Hamilton. But if I recall correctly, Hamilton was young and had issues with dad and that’s why he lost points to Button... I kinda doubt buttons advantage was so great that he was able to seriously out pace Hamilton during race and qualifying...

I’d rate JB pretty closely with Nico Rosberg. They’re both seriously fast, but could only manage to beat Lewis when he’s not psychologically all together..., under normal circumstances, no way Hamilton could lose out to them.

I think Vettel was also very prone to psychological issues as well. I think that’s why he was out paced by Ricciardo. I wish vettel would stick around longer so we can really gauge their performances using same machinery... but Ferrari offer is just too good to pass up... and if Ricciardo beat him again, vettels career would be effectively over.

No sensible person seriously believes Button was a faster driver than Hamilton. The three point differential (or whatever) in their three years together is used to nitpick. Inasmuch as the points difference between Verstappen and Ricciardo is. There's no clear indication that the latter driver in either example was beaten by the former, although straws could be grasped to argue that they were.
    acket.