Page 20 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

You guys fuck too much. Take it easy.

Said the whore to the gigolo.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Leclerc's mouth goes well with his pair of hands

The performance has no sense for now because it remains testing, [Mercedes] are probably not pushing and we are not either. We don’t know how much the others are sandbagging so we’ll see at the first race.
    acket.

Some news from testing sessions 1.

It seems the Sauber front wing is IT. Expect other teams to follow suit.
    It seems the Mercedes brake duct aero stuff are IT. Expect other teams to copy it.
    The undercut sidepods are what's fashionable. As shown here by Torro Rosso.

acket.

Good news from day 5 of testing: Lando Norris tops the times with an upgraded aero package, Stroll breaks the 78-second barrier. Williams rack up the mileage with almost 2 GP distances for George Russell. Ricciardo did 77 laps and Hulk 80 more.

In the not so good news, the McLaren stopped with hydraulic problems (something that plagued the Renault-engined cars last year) and Bottas only did 7 laps.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; February 26th, 2019 at 11:55 AM.
    acket.

Haas has put in 130(?) Laps so far, so that's good

I can’t wait to see the level of sandbagging going on when the season starts.

Honda seems to have sorted out reliability problems and seems powerful enough according to reports. I hope RB is doing the most sandbagging, because otherwise it's going to be a boring season without a 3 way fight...

Ferrari and the associated teams look very promising according reports... This may be the year for Ferrari! It's nice to see things possibly looking up for McLaren. Hope Williams does better this year as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Lowe
    [Williams] completed 119 laps without any significant reliability issues, so we achieved the entire programme that we had planned from the start of the day. We completed a mixture of data gathering and performance running at low and high fuel on a range of different tyre compounds. It is early days with our familiarisation with the car, so there is a lot of work to do to understand what we have got and the directions that we need to take. We have already identified some opportunities though, and we will keep pushing through the remainder of the week to prepare ourselves for Australia.
    ###
    acket.

Big crash, but Gasly walked out of it.

In other news, AMuS is calling the Mercedes W10 "Dr. Jekyll". Bottas has said that "definitely we have some kind of balance issues we still need to solve. Many things in the car we can still improve [...] It was not like last week we realised we needed to change something and brought something new, it was well planned a long time ago. I’m sure we’ll try to bring some improvements for Melbourne as well."

I guess that means they'll be in damage limitation mode for the first flyaway races.

Ferrari reports that Vettel's big crash from yesterday was caused by debris iogged in the rim. Vettel mentioned yesterday that he felt something was off in the front left corner.

Bob Kubitzer, on the other hand feels happy with the stuff the team has in the pipeline, they only thing that's bothering the staff at Williams is reliability.
    acket.