Page 111 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1163

Thread: Formula One 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Unsafe release. He got a penalty during the race.
    And no, Williams is to blame there, totally threw him in front of Verstappen with no regards to safety.
    Good. I only watched the highlight so had no idea if Williams was penalized or not. Thanks for the info.

Anyway, I guess nobody could succeed in pulling a 'Vettel' other than Vettel himself?

So many cars swerved in front during this race... besides this pitstop incident. Charles did the same to Lando..., but none succeeded in causing a crash as spectacular as Ferrari did.

I have to say that if I were Ferrari boss, I'd have no idea who to blame here. If you look at t=51s, Charlies just held his line steady and refuse to budge... and Vettel just made a tiny movement. It almost look like they didn't touch and Charle's tire/wheel just exploded.

I can only say this is Vettel being Vettel. He has had a history of doing this to his teammates. Charles will hopefully learn his lessons now. This old champ is not just going to quietly fade away and let you shine. As for Vettel, maybe he will finally learn his lessons during retirement.

[edit]
    just saw one of cool comments in that same video:

"16+5=21 It's Multi 21"

No wonder Ferrari has such an unlucky season with such numbering...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 18th, 2019 at 09:39 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Unsafe release. He got a penalty during the race.
    And no, Williams is to blame there, totally threw him in front of Verstappen with no regards to safety.
    My honest take on that? Let them fucking race!, engineers and mechanics are also fighting over fast pit work honors, and Williams' are one of the best.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    My honest take on that? Let them fucking race!, engineers and mechanics are also fighting over fast pit work honors, and Williams' are one of the best.
    I merely commented the fact about rules to Billi.
    In the case in question no driver would have to be blamed: he follows what signal he is given by the team to either go or not.
    I'm neutral about it: I don't want unnecessary accidents, that could turn fatal or severe to people stationeering or working in the pit area, to happen but I want them to race, surely.

Administrator
    I'm not neutral about it. There are a bunch of people in the pit lane who have little to no protection from cars that look slow on TV but are still going plenty fast enough to kill. Unsafe releases are inexcusable and should result in harsher penalties than they do now, IMHO.

Agreed.

I think if no collisions occurred, one could probably deem it safe enough?

If Kubica were actually fighting for position with Max, I’d be okay with such a release. Likewise, if it’s for position, I’d be okay with Ocon racing hard with Max. I’d deem their accident a racing incident. Just as I think Vettel and Charlie boys kiss was a racing incident.

Foolish and dangerous, yes... but isn’t that what racing is all about?

I do lean more on the side of let them race, but please make sure you are not a lap down please! If you are, please move out of the way!

So if I try to shoot you and miss, all's forgiven, right? No, it doesn't work like that, especially on safety matters.

I'm not sure that Coulthard would be given a penalty even in today's rules, and I don't think he should. But Kubica's release was past close, it was dangerous.

Racing is not about being foolish. And there's no such thing as a racing incident in the pits, as by rule you cannot race in the pits.

Junior Potato
    Yet it is intrinsically a part of racing. The only solution would be a transponder-based release system that prevents cars coming out into traffic. Wouldn’t be in the spirit of F1 though.

Upon review of the KUB/VER incident, it is totally on the Williams' guys. On the official video the exact moment of release is blocked by the S/F bridge, but it is evident Verstappen's front wing was past the ear end of the Williams box when Kubica was given the go signal.
    acket.

With that said, ahmygawd!, the TV direction has been dismal this year.
    acket.