Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

I think we can all agree Gasly is underperforming, but he still has double the points of the 7th place Sainz. I think if Ricciardo stuck around, I’m sure RB will be taking away more Ferrari points. If they kept Renault engine, perhaps they could even overtake Ferraris... if they had the Ferrari engine, then maybe they could catch Mercedes?

Anyway, I think it’s clear now that every team is taking a step backwards besides Mercedes.

So...wow huh? What a race?

Thank goodness we only have to wait a week to watch Mercedes get 1-2 again.

FIA really should detune Mercedes for the sake of the sport.

Anyway, given current F1 rules, they really should not have tracks like that where a driver could easily cut corners... were there lots of 5s penalties? I didn’t really watch the race...

There were 3 that I know of and 2 were Ricciardo on the last lap. The other was Perez on the 1st lap. Not much else happened in the race.

I will say that Mercedes is so far ahead of everyone that Hamilton had the fastest lap that he set on Hard tires that were 29 laps old. Vettel pit on the next to last lap to make a run on fast lap point, put on softs and barely beat Hamilton’s lap by less than a tenth I believe. That’s just terrible.

Vettel said there was a problem after his last pit stop - something about energy deployment IIRC. I was only half watching the post-race show.

It isn't easy for me to find an F1 race totally boring, but this one was. At least the last lap was entertaining!

I thought the mid pack race with Kiki, dan, hulk and Gasly wasn’t too bad and then for the last 10 laps with lando having issues it was pretty good. Pity the most exciting bit ends in penalties and that Vettel’s challenge faded after his stop.

Junior Potato
    The highlights video on YouTube was only 6:19 long. Not a very interesting race.

But I’m happy to see both McLarens in the top ten.

Even with mild problems Vettel should have beaten Hamilton’s fast time by over a second. Car is basically at qualifying weight and on fresh soft tires.

So how long until Gasly is demoted? When Sainz overtakes him in points? Probably sooner.

Do Red Bull still have an option over Sainz? They might need it soon.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Fully expect Max to be in a Merc or Ferrari next year.
    Too many ifs in your sentence.

Is Max willing to take a Massive pay cut?

Mercedes doesn't have a commitment to F1 beyond 2020, they won everything already, with the first phase of the budget cap coming in next year, their best option is to leave at the top and concentrate on other series with a higher ROI, the hypercar regulations in WEC and the bang-for-buck FE are comparatively easier sells to a board room.

If Hamilton were to leave at the end of next year, he'd have 7X WDCs, like Schumacher. Unlike Schumacher however, he'd been unbeaten by an up and coming talent. That's always the problem with F1: best driver in the best car; new problem though, is that there was never such a large gap to the front, for so long.

Massive drop in interest once either Merc or Ham are gone; as of today, it's looking likely that they're leaving at the same time.
    acket.