Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1163

Thread: Formula One 2019

Makes me wonder if Alonso were still with the team, maybe they’d be able to challenge the Red Bull’s?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Makes me wonder if Alonso were still with the team, maybe they’d be able to challenge the Red Bull’s?
    My personal opinion: yes.

My personal opinion: I've had quite enough of Alonso, thanks.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Well, I disagree with that. According to that graphics, McLaren was only out of top 8 five out of 21 times.
    It's a team sport both cars should have finished in their 'natural' slots (7th and 8th) more often. That's the reason Gasly was sent to the B team. I mean, look at the Ferraris, they were in their zone throughout the season, if anything, it was LeClerc who lagged a little behind.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    My personal opinion: I've had quite enough of Alonso, thanks.
    My personal opinion: He won't even find a competitive ride for the 500.

Spoiler:
    I've got a feeling Andreas Siedl agrees with you.
    acket.

I only say that at this time because they're starting to do the "Alonso says he might come back in 2021" stories on F1 broadcasts and clickbait news sources. I just do not want that. I don't understand the fawning over a guy that burned every bridge he ever crossed and hasn't won a WDC since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    It's a team sport both cars should have finished in their 'natural' slots (7th and 8th) more often. That's the reason Gasly was sent to the B team. I mean, look at the Ferraris, they were in their zone throughout the season, if anything, it was LeClerc who lagged a little behind.
    I just don't think we can look strictly at statistics. Just as we can't conclude Albon is better than Max purely looking at points. And in defense of Leclerc, he even got more points than Vettel, I'm not sure which metric you used to determine that this rookie teammate is lagging behind Vettel a little. # of times he finished ahead of behind his teammate? Does this metric really matters if you won more races and finished the season with more points?

IMHO, Lando was nothing like Gasly. Plus, haven't you seen this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Norris had some bad reliability and luck otherwise he'd have been much closer to Sainz. He got taken out in China, Spain, finished ahead of Sainz in Canada, retired in Germany when Sainz finished 5th, retired in Belgium although was classified as it was over 90% through the race and Retired due to an improperly attached wheel at his pit stop in Mexico. He'd have been much closer to Sainz without some of that.
    You still think this rookie had no excuses?

With the exception of Albon, I think you are overly critical of the other rookies.

No question, Albon has been an exceptional rookie at RB. He has given Horner absolutely no reason to demote him back to that alpha whatever team.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 6th, 2019 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I only say that at this time because they're starting to do the "Alonso says he might come back in 2021" stories on F1 broadcasts and clickbait news sources. I just do not want that. I don't understand the fawning over a guy that burned every bridge he ever crossed and hasn't won a WDC since 2006.
    And, this is completely a peeve of mine, he won those 2 WDCs with the help of Don Flavio, a POS competitor.
    acket.

I just don't think we can look strictly at statistics. Just as we can't conclude Albon is better than Max purely looking at points. And in defense of Leclerc, he even got more points than Vettel, I'm not sure which metric you used to determine that this rookie teammate is lagging behind Vettel a little. # of times he finished ahead of behind his teammate? Does this metric really matters if you won more races and finished the season with more points?

IMHO, Lando was nothing like Gasly. Plus, haven't you seen this:

You still think this rookie had no excuses?

With the exception of Albon, I think you are overly critical of the other rookies.

No question, Albon has been an exceptional rookie at RB. He has given Horner absolutely no reason to demote him back to that alpha whatever team.
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude: I SAID MCLAREN LACKED CONSISTENCY. MCLAREN, THE TEAM.
    acket.

Probably the single longest “dude” posted on this site.

Well done good sir!