Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

Anyway, are you saying Lewis is a profiteer? Sorry I don't quite understand the meaning of that picture.

So has anyone got any points about the article rather than the subject?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I was going to ask what article as I didn't see the hyperlink I was expecting to find.

So there, that piece is so well written it became invisible. I have nothing further to add, except that Liberty has shown a worse side than Bernie on some things; for example getting rid of the timing app, which along with both the "possibility of a pass" and betting odds graphics signal a crazy mixture of trying to appeal to a wider audience and trying to fix that which isn't broken.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    So has anyone got any points about the article rather than the subject?
    I think your article makes a good point, and is mostly very readable, I like the conversational tone.

In terms of nit-picking:

The second and third paragraphs start with very long sentences, which are a bit hard to read - I'd probably recommend splitting them up for clarity.

There are quite a few words that are capitalized, which wouldn't usually be, (Marketing agency, Betting companies, Live Odds, Gambling Ads, Virtual signage, etc) - I find this slightly confusing as a reader as I wonder if they're referring to specific companies or what-have-you.

'Occurring' should have two 'r's

In terms of the conclusion, and this is a matter of opinion, to me it's a bit of a strong statement to call the live odds plan a non-runner. I think it's a very good point that there are multiple countries it won't be allowed in, and that therefore (a) they'll need a technical solution that allows them to only have it appear in selected countries, and (b) they won't make as much money as if it was shown globally. However, without more research I imagine that most EU countries and the US will permit it (?), and that would make it worth doing on a country-by-country basis.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    I think your article makes a good point, and is mostly very readable, I like the conversational tone.

In terms of nit-picking:

The second and third paragraphs start with very long sentences, which are a bit hard to read - I'd probably recommend splitting them up for clarity.

There are quite a few words that are capitalized, which wouldn't usually be, (Marketing agency, Betting companies, Live Odds, Gambling Ads, Virtual signage, etc) - I find this slightly confusing as a reader as I wonder if they're referring to specific companies or what-have-you.

'Occurring' should have two 'r's

In terms of the conclusion, and this is a matter of opinion, to me it's a bit of a strong statement to call the live odds plan a non-runner. I think it's a very good point that there are multiple countries it won't be allowed in, and that therefore (a) they'll need a technical solution that allows them to only have it appear in selected countries, and (b) they won't make as much money as if it was shown globally. However, without more research I imagine that most EU countries and the US will permit it (?), and that would make it worth doing on a country-by-country basis.
    Thank you. I've made some changes and sent it off for publication on grandprix247.com

Oh, you wrote the article and wanted some constructive criticisms! I totally missed that... I thought you just copied and pasted from somewhere...

I was like... we don’t like gambling and that’s that... what else do you want us to say?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I hate that our consumption-driven society is okay with profiteering.
    Eh. People have gotta eat. Nobody in the world will do what they love full time if it doesn’t pay the bills.

In general, it’s ok.

But when the welfare of living animals is at stake it can go blow a goat.

There are people who slaughter chickens, pigs, cows for fair amount of profit..., I think most are fine with that.

As for profiteering, that’s making excessive obscene amount the profits... as loan sharks or just ripping people off in black markets... even when no animals involved, I’m sure most are not okay with that.

Anyway, current f1 business model is probably already hovering very closely between the fine line of making profit and profiteering...

The head of the ACI has revealed they want to reconfigure Monza in time for the track's centenary in 2022:

- Removal of the Variante della Roggia (2nd chicane), making a flat out blast from the first chicane (Rettifilo), through Curva Grande all the way to the first Lesmo;
    - Increasing the radius of the second Lesmo to make it a faster corner, increasing speeds into the Ascari Chicane;
    - Reprofiling of the old banking to bring it back into use and potentially create a 10km circuit (likely for sports car/GT racing, not F1).

They want to make Monza faster. k.

I'm down.