Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

They even won the race!!!
    But Lady Luck still decided to be with Mercedes.

Why couldn’t they just ask Vettel to give up his position if they think he cut a corner to gain a position?

Anyway, even if they crashed, I would tend to agree with Vettel that it’s been an uncontrollable racing incident. It’s not like Vettel intentionally did that on purpose...

I dunno..., a tough call.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 9th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.

I imagine Drew is dancing over this.

It was a bullshit call. I don’t see how a panel of stewards could agree it was a penalty offense.

Oh I fully agree, Joe, however I know that a lot of people here are still of the 'Fuck Ferrari' mode.

Administrator
    What a fucking joke.

It was a strange/annoying call, but Vettel could’ve lost control and hit the wall or could’ve pulled a 5s gap or just not make that mistake?

Ferrari has handed Hamilton 2 wins now. At least Vettel stayed on podium this time...

Anyway, it really seems like God is messing with Ferrari this year or is really favoring Hamilton...

Bottas earned all of his wins, but Hamilton is not only good but also very lucky this year...

I thought unsafe re entry was supposed to mean the driver drove back on the track under complete control in an unsafe manner. Vettel was clearly still trying to keep from hitting the wall when he finally got back underway. With this penalty they could basically issue a penalty anytime someone slides uncontrollably across the track.

This penalty definitely seems like they caved under the Mercedes pressure. All the announcers had already played it off as a racing incident. Then they announced the penalty and they all were shocked.

Administrator
    Agreed that the spirit of the rule seems to me to stop people from regaining control in some runoff area, doing a quick burnout, and trying to rejoin aggressively to avoid losing more positions which is not at all what Vettel did. I would have been okay with saying that Vettel cut the corner and gained an advantage, even if unintentionally, and should have to give up the position. At least then it wouldn't have set things up so it's just Hamilton needing to hang out in DRS range and not bother even trying to pass. Vettel definitely made a mistake and probably should have lost the spot, but a 5 second penalty essentially just ended the race entirely.

Guess what? He could have (OH MY GOD, REALLY?) done a simple clear thing... SLOW THE FUCK DOWN.
    But no, he went desperately in protect position mode.
    Ruling is wrong: should have called him and forced him to give position. Or a drive through.
    5 second penalties are jokes.
    And to not disappoint anyone... FUCK FERRARI AND VETTEL ALWAYS.

Administrator
    It seemed pretty obvious to me that he came in a little too hot, lost the back end, went into the grass, then was trying to maintain control. If he tried to "slow the fuck down" at that point, he would have ended up in the wall.