Page 69 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

This should be interesting. With the second season of Netflix's F1 series including Mercedes and Ferrari, it looks like they were focusing on Mercedes and Hamilton this weekend. Good timing!

Netflix jinxed the team!

Netflix should remain with Mercedes for the rest of the season in order to investigate how they helped bring an F-1's top team down to its knees in just one weekend.

For a while, Williams was actual top 5!!!! Wow.

Bottas jumped ship at the right time. This might be his last chance at a shot of the championship...

POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yasssss!

How about Russell with the scrap to make Q2? Williams making progress.

Added...

Gasly a full second off Max’s time is not a good way to go into the summer break. Especially if RBR feels they have a car capable of being top 4 now. RBR losing a ton of points to Ferrari and Mercedes by having Gasly in the other car.

Ricciardo...you extreme dumbass if hindsight is 20/20. RBR would love to have him back and he would probably love to be back.

Hulk out and Ocon to Renault is the other rumor. Hulk to Haas maybe and Gro out? Hulk and Mag together will be just as fiery as it is now.
    Last edited by JoeW; August 3rd, 2019 at 11:29 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Mercedes best bet if they intend to stay is to grab up Russell. Williams would be happy to negotiate with their engine partner me thinks. I think an Ocon loan could be worked out, where Ocon is sent to Williams for the reminder of Lewis' stay at Mercedes and then be offered dibs on that seat.

I don't know whose other seats are available, but Gasly's is going to stay in-house. I think Kvyat's going to be read the riot act and be placed as a rear gunner. The Haas's? I feel one's for Valtteri unless Sttutgart can convince ($) him to go full electric, I think FE is going to take off now that Porsche's joining up and Mercedes are upping their investment after a feeler year.

Renault's are going to stay put I believe, there's too much going on in their corporate environment, they just need to keep the work. Mac's locked down. Ferrari would do good to have Kimi mentor Mick for the remainder of their association with Sauber.

Racing point's are pretty much locked, it wouldn't surprise me if Perez went from creditor to shareholder. I don't know which team I've overlooked, but after that rundown it's clear we need more seats. It speaks to the quality of drivers when one can subjectively have Grosjean and a disabled old guy from Poland as the worst two.
    acket.

Any reason why you think russel is better than ocon?

Another good race. It seems one could cautiously suggest that now, August 2019, is when the 2014 hybrid formula engines are finally starting to converge, such that Honda-powered Max can fight on a fairly even basis with Merc-powered Lewis all race long. It's only taken half a decade, but leaving the rules alone has played out and 'everyone' seems to have finally worked out how to make an optimum turbo-hybrid powerplant. No more GP2 engines in F1.

This parity of power, then seems to be placing a premium back on driver talent, with Max and Lewis wrapping up today's race a minute before anyone else. And of course it puts a premium on the chassis and aero, the financial gap between the big three teams and the midfield being reflected in the clear grey tarmac between them in the races.

Wasn't Ocon too tall for the Williams this year?