Page 83 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

Wow! You were right! Vettel sure surprised!

I’m a prophet!

Ok now I am probably the only one who thinks this but LeClerc is getting on my nerves with his whiney bullshit. I liked him early on in the season but lately I just don’t like his attitude. He is quickly acting like he’s entitled to preferential treatment when he is a rookie on this team and only his second year in F1. Shut the fuck up and drive the car and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

I think he himself thought himself as a whiny bitch and is trying hard to shut himself up!

Anyway, which modern day champ never whined or felt entitled?

I’m just glad he and max are making this season more interesting. Wish their surge happened earlier to make the championship fight more interesting too.

They do all do it to some degree, but yeah I'm not a huge fan of it.

He kinda has cause though. He's been screwed out of three wins by his team basically this year.

Though, while it sounded like they had an agreement of sorts before today's race, Vettel was pulling away, so it would be stupid to try and swap with Hamilton keeping close and Vettel outside of DRS range of LeClerc.

I can understand if you are holding up your teammate, they tell you to let him by, and you don’t. That’s uncool.

The way Ferrari is doing business right now is really shitty. Undercutting your own team, bad strategies and poor driver management. They aren’t in contention for a championship (driver or constructors) so just let them race each other and see who wins. And if you are going to favor a driver then it needs to be Vettel. He has earned it. LeClerc is fast but he hasn’t paid his dues yet.

So either favor Vettel or let them race this year and the better driver gets the favor next season. If it’s LeClerc then he earned it. But he hasn’t earned it yet. He’s just been acting like an entitled rich boy Monagasque...which I guess is what he actually is...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    LeClerc is doing a Max, basically.

Vettel was faster on sunday. End of it.
    acket.

Why Vettel should have earned it? So far this season he is doing worse than his rookie teammate, while being paid like 5x and with the worthiness of 4 championship titles on his belt he hasn't produced the results Ferrari has been expecting in the last few seasons: so why?
    The only way Ferrari is doing this is because they do not want to lose Vettel in this - it would not justify Vettel's paycheck and would demoralize the spirit of the german driver.
    But they are really sucking at managing this conflict.
    Reminds me of Mclaren's Alonso - Hamilton situation...

LeClerc is whiny.
    As we already discussed about every single F1 champion of modern era is a complainer, a whiner and an arrogant bitch: that's what it takes, to be ruthless, astute and fetch opportunities when they show to you (and in less recent eras Stirling Moss - one of the best 5 drivers in F1 history to me - was such a gentleman he lost out a championship to that arsehole called Nigel Hawthorne, as an example).
    This said Vettel had a good point there: if he's so quick and entitled to the victory, he should come and get me. Same as Hamilton said some years ago in regard to Rosberg complaining, in race, that Lewis should let him pass.
    Also, before someone counter reply to that: in F1 team orders are legal, so teams, and drivers themselves, are legitimated to call them to take advantage of any situation.

It is not sportmanship like? It is not always letting win who should deserve it? Well, rules are rules.
    And this is akin to a footbal team playing in a beatiful style and losing 1-0 to a sucky team: style and sport expression is one thing, but the results are indicated simply by who puts one more than the other in the net.

I think JoeW is probably too macho..., Leclerc often like to express his ‘feelings’ to Ferrari over radio. That’s probably what set him off. Real men do not talk about feelings! Shut the fuck up and close the gap between you and Vettel if you want to pass!

Anyway, I think another issue is probably we fans have too much access to drivers ‘private’ conversations to the teams.

No need to judge racers by their words. It’s their actions on track that’s more important. I’m still very glad F1 has Charlie boy and mad max.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 30th, 2019 at 07:12 AM.

Actually we do not.
    The team radio comms we hear are expecially selected by FIA people, usually the most salient ones; they are like a quarter of how many really happen to be exchanged by teams and drivers and... they are, half the times, misleading.
    I cannot recall who said last year in here, Alan was it you?, that listening to the whole radio comms of an entire race (FIA website? Official extra services? Dunno) is very different.

I remember that same person said that Hamilton, which in the radio comms issued during the race, sounded terribly whiny all the time... well, he was actually not.
    But unfortunately FIA picks up the most poignant and probably polemic ones to bank up on spectacle and engage the audience.