Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One 2019

I don't really see how this is any more a driver aid than the way ERS is deployed.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Billi - rules are rules and this is F1, not the Equality Racing Series. Where else in racing these days are you left to your own devices to conceive, design, and construct your own race car? Rules need to be clear and equally enforced, period.
    Yep. Without consistently applied rules then you have no credibility.

Plus sporting events need to meet a certain standard and it’s the organiser’s responsibility to ensure it meets that standard. This is because of legislation around the world covering things like betting and gambling, plus the vast amounts of sponsorship money and prize money involved. It’s a high stakes thing.

Another point, if they ignored the mid-tier teams to focus on the fastest guys, that would be unfair for the other mid-tier teams who’ve done things perfectly legally.

Honestly at this point I am more excited for the next Netflix F1 season than watching the remaining races

Junior Potato
    Verstappen has lost pole for failing to slow for the yellow flag after Bottas’ crash.

That’s another incident where I think FIA doesn’t really consistently apply their rules on big influential team.

Yes, rules are rules, legally speaking, he should lose his pole, but it irks me that Hamilton got away with it.

Yeah, he was immediately behind and could say that he didn’t see the yellow yet and thought about slowing... whereas Max was pretty straight up like kimi... no, I didn’t slow, with the I know that I’m doing attitude... and resulted in grid penalty for him.

I only saw the highlights and it didn’t show how far behind Max was, but pretty sure Lewis had a clear view of the crash and he didn’t slow....

Yes, it another case of rules are rules, we wave yellow and you didn’t slow so we penalize you. But again, I think it’s kinda stupid.

Hamilton saw the crash but the flag had not waved yet. They were all coming hot one right after the other barely 3-4 sec behind each other. Honestly at that part of the track and at that speed I don't see how the hell they are supposed to notice that little flag off to the other side of the track from where they are driving. It's a fast high G right hander right before the finish line and this little tiny flag is waving on the far left hand side of the track.

Max already had Pole won at that point due to Bottas' crash but he didn't know it yet. If he had slowed he would have still had it in the bag.

Junior Potato
    They have flag lights on the steering wheel, plus an engineer who tells them stuff.

Plus Verstappen is competing at the highest level of motorsport on the world. Him and his team are expected to provide the highest level of professionalism in the world.

That includes obeying yellow flags.

Just as the stewards are expected to bring the highest level of stewarding in the world. If they selectively choose to not punish Verstappen, the “if he gets away with it then I should get away with it” defence becomes the standard.

Totally agree.

If I were Max, if I see Hamilton not slowing down, I wouldn’t slow down either. I’d only slow if it’s indeed not safe to do so.

Anyway, I somehow tend to see the highest form of racing tend to play favorites... back in the days it was shuey/Ferrari and now I see Hamilton/ Mercedes being favored more.

Maybe it’s just me who’s insane. Do you guys really think this highest form of motor racing is really really fair and unbiased?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If I were Max, if I see Hamilton not slowing down, I wouldn’t slow down either. I’d only slow if it’s indeed not safe to do so.
    He has to obey to flags, communication by his team and flag lights on the steering wheel, not to what he sees on the moment.
    They are professionals and must abide to rules, not to what anyone feels.

I totally agree with RWA.
    Also he had it already in the bag, so he did two mistakes: forgoing the rules and not being able to think quick.
    And he is to blame in equal part as his team which should have been quick to communicate him what to do.
    In a sport where crucial stuff like pitstops last mere 2 seconds you must be quick with react and well versed in the knowledge of all the rules in place.

And yes, more than sometimes there has been an inconsistant application of rules or situational ruling, but that does not justify to be careless about rules.