Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Endurance season 2019

Junior Potato
    The organisers have BoP’d the Aston Martins. Now we’re seeing the pole car being hounded all race so far, and after 90 minutes they’re in 12th.

They might’ve gone a wee bit too far, and the rest of the GTE Pro field is strolling away from them.

Very refreshing seeing GTE being the focus of coverage. I'll enjoy it while I can.

I'm not sure if the BoP was Aston's problem, from what I saw. They weren't being passed on the straights that badly from what little I saw early on when they were on TV, and they actually got a weight relief by 5kg too. Nicky Thiim said their tires weren't holding up when he got out. I think they went for too much of a qualifying setup or something. I was looking forward to seeing if they get faster at night, but well, we won't see at least one of them. Big offs by one of the Corvettes and one of the Astons (the pole sitter).

Junior Potato
    Nearly 1am and it’s still incredibly tight between the top couple of GTE cars. The leading Ferrari is closely followed by a Porsche, and the 3rd-5th place Porsche, Corvette and Ford GT are in a very tight battle.

Junior Potato
    Hot damn those segments are annoying.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The Aston Martins are struggling to make the tires last two.stints, so they're falling behind everyone in GTE.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Congrats to the winners. Sad about the Aston's BOP and the Vette crashing out.

But it was close for the whole race, I think at one point each of a Porsche, Aston Martin, Corvette, Ferrari and Ford led their category. Which goes to show that usually the BOP is very accurate.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Radio Le Mans interviewed someone from Toyota, they admitted that when the No. 7 came to the pits the first time with a puncture they changed the wrong tire. They should have changed all four instead of just the one. That's why he had to come back in a second time.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Are there conspiracy theories already?