Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Endurance season 2019

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    Sure its needed but I just question making the changes to something so integrated and difficult to change correctly like the fuel tanks.

Easier to fit an intake restrictor or limit wing angles I would think.(I could be wrong)

Unless you could limit fuel fill with something like a standard gas pump is that even feasible?
    Tank sizes weren’t the only things changed. In the specific case of the GTE Pro Vantage, it had a 5kg weight reduction and a small boost reduction in the turbo.

Consider the different effects these changes bring to the car. That’s what I meant by nuance.

Keating has said that the problem was that the tanks were in-spec at the start of the race, but the bladder they used to do so did not maintain itself perfectly during the race. As he put it, they left no margin for error, on the fuel tank capacity or fuel fill speed.
    Get that weak shit off my track

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I'm still confused on how a fueling rig can get faster over time. There should be a physical fuel flow restrictor in the system.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I've listened to a discussion on the refill speed thing before, tied to the team that got punished for it at Daytona. Apparently some bits of the car (the tank and tubing) have some small effect as well, which is exaggerated with the amount of fuel going in.

Junior Potato
    Question for you guys:

I'm watching the Nurburgring 24h and I'm curious about those lights that the cars have fitted behind the windscreen, on the top-right (pic for reference). I've seen the Blancpain GT3 series cars using them too, as well as a few other categories, for a couple of years.

I've been searching, but I can't figure out what they're for, or what the messages displayed on them mean. Sometimes they display a number matching the car, or a seemingly random number, sometimes they display a three-letter code, and I've even seen them flashing a full blue light in the overnight footage (I'm guessing this is to assist with blue flag rules for slower cars).

Any help on finding the info would be great.

Color indicates class. Number indicates position. Letters indicate the driver currently in the car. The blue flashing lights are for the Top 30 qualifiers, since they're the fastest cars on track.

Junior Potato

Thanks. That goes some way into demystifying them.

What are they called, and where can I find this info?

Not sure they have a specific name, but I did hear the RLM crew briefly describe their use in passing (usually when trying to figure out what driver was in the car).

Lumirank is the name of the system used in VLN, I believe it is also shared with the various European Blancpain series.

Junior Potato
    Awesome, thanks guys. There was no obvious search term for them, I asked google variations of “GT3 led window lights” and got results for DIY lighting kits for the Lego Porsche GT3 set