Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Endurance season 2019

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thanks Matt!
    acket.

Glickenhaus prototype WEC 2020/2021

Not nearly as pretty as their earlier designs, but I suppose it's more purpose built. I hope it's fast.

Junior Potato
    Porsche goes fizzy for the Petit Le Mans

anyone else watching Petit right now?

Thoughts so far?

I was there for a little bit of it, but had to head home. Sun/heat/walking the MOUNTIAN that is Road Atlanta was making me sick. Didn't realize that Spencer Pumpelly was driving one of the Lambos now and said hi to him. He still remembers a few of us. Got some okay pictures and some borked videos. Gonna see if I can edit em and post them on my yt channel.

Junior Potato
    People outside North America can live stream the whole race on the IMSA website.

And the Bathurst 1000 is on today as well. Presumably people outside Aus/NZ can live stream that somewhere.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    People outside North America can live stream the whole race on the IMSA website.

And the Bathurst 1000 is on today as well. Presumably people outside Aus/NZ can live stream that somewhere.
    There's a paid subscription service for people outside Aus/NZ, no free stream available.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

And as usual it was a good race.
    The last 30 mins was exciting, teams balancing position, fuel usage and stops and the almighty roll of the dice on safety cars.
    One ugly bit when at the end of one safety car a car that was about 6th slowed down and bunched the field behind them and didnt attempt to keep up with the leaders. The reason - they had a team mate ahead and wanted to pit at the same time. But with teams only allowed one pit position it meant they "stacked" and basically park while waiting for their teammate to refuel. Or... they drive slowly, others cant pass and then build up a 10+ second buffer so they dont stack.
    It was a shit move, Im surprised the cars behind didnt just go around them. They got busted and a drive thru penalty, but that doesnt help the multiple cars behind that were hurt. One potentially could have overtaken the leader due to needing one less pitstop - but this almost cancelled that advantage. Oh and the car that did it had their team mate coming first!
    Hmm - Id have given the team a stern word that their car that did it would be pulled out and the lead car given a drive thru. That would stop it ever happening again.
    Other than that - it was pretty good racing done with respect.

Junior Potato
    About halfway through the race, someone asked me what happens under safety car rules, and wondered whether a car can play the hold-up game that Couthard did.

I replied that they probably could, but it might be bad sportsmanship.

Not two hours later and we got our answer!

I don't think it's ever been attempted before in any category. Now that we know the outcome, I don't think it will be attempted ever again.