Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Endurance season 2019

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I knew the rain was bad when you could see ponds in the grass on the infield of the tri-oval, I know they well maintain that so if even that is saturated than the track has to be dismal. There really isn't anything they can do for Turn 1, the transition from banking to the flat side can't really be drained at all.

And honestly the number of yellow flags this year was more down to how many cars broke down in shitty spots. There were a lot more mechanical retirements this year than there was last year.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Le Mans entry list is out. As this is technically the same WEC season as last year's Le Mans, much of the entry is identical. LMP1 has shrunk by two cars after the collapse of the Ginetta squad, while LMP2 is also smaller with less European Le Mans Series teams making the cut this year, including United Autosport down to a single entry despite an Asian Le Mans Series championship and LMP2 and LMP3 wins in ELMS last year, and Jackie Chan's team back down to just two WEC cars.

LMGTE Pro has almost all the same entries, except the third AF Corse Ferrari is gone and replaced by a Risi Ferrari, giving us the first privateer in the Pro class in a few years now. The Am class is where all the new entries have gone, including the return of WeatherTech Racing and a privately entered Ford GT for Ben Keating. Car Guy Racing adds a second Japanese team to the field after sweeping the Asian LMS, and Dempsey-Proton is up to four Porsches in the class after running three last year.

On the reserve list are the majority of the rest of the ELMS LMP2 cars, with the only standout being the Michael Shank LMP2 with an all-female driver lineup as the 9th reserve.

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...-mans-2019.pdf
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Junior Potato
    Is it just me or is it super weird to see sports cars scrapping it out in a sprint race on a street circuit?

Dang I’d love to hear those GTE Porsches at close range.

Interesting weekend at Long Beach, though. IndyCars happened, as they do, but the locals also got to see THIS. The longest form of circuit racing paired up with the shortest.

That drone piloting

Junior Potato
    Yeah, Johnny FPV is his name. He is becoming well known for his cinematic flying. Watch this one: https://youtu.be/jJyPa7KIu6I

Junior Potato

BMW is pulling the plug on WEC after Le Mans.

Who the hell is in charge of motorsports commitments in Munich (a board, I'm sure). They are so fucking bi-polar when it comes to racing.

Junior Potato
    Porsche has been testing a new side exit exhaust for its 911.2 RSR. Now it sounds like boring-arse shit

Here it is following a rear exit RSR. Listen to hear how different they are.

Administrator
    So that's why I sound so much more triumphant when I'm standing up...

I think that one is actually 992 based? Could it be Turbo? I don't think so, but is kinda odd how much it changes the sound.