Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Endurance season 2019

A few snaps from the morning racing:

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why does the play-by-play IMSATV announcer sound so familiar?
    acket.

*fartnoise*

Sucks, but not much could be done. They probably shouldn't have ever gone green after the first red. I know a lot of people are like "Well they raced at Sebring in '65 with more rain and bigger puddles" or whatever blah blah. But the fact is, modern sports cars just can't cope with rain like old ones.

I'm all about racing in torrential conditions, but once hydroplaning starts like that, it's mostly a pointless game of roulette. And Daytona maybe could work on drainage, but the fact is, they're on flatland at sea level, not a lot can be done when you get that kind of rain. Same for Sebring.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Why does the play-by-play IMSATV announcer sound so familiar?
    Who was it? I was watching the NBC feed here in the states. Was it The Radio Le Mans crew (John Hindhaugh and Paul Truswell being the main guys)? They do pretty much every big sports car race for RLM, and some broadcasts/feeds use their audio overnight, or even for the whole thing. Would have been British accents.

If it was the same feed as NBC (were there a bunch of segments with NASCAR people?), then maybe Leigh Diffy? He used to do F1 for NBC, and did Aussie V8s for a while too. He's done a lot of other stuff, including Olympics coverage too. Australian Accent.

It was the usual RLM folks. The guy that tries to sound incredibly excited all the time even when nothing is happening. There was a point yesterday where he was shouting slowly because he didn't actually know what he was going to say because he didn't have the information. Just shouting to stay on brand, basically.

John(?) Hindhaugh. There was a clip somewhere of all the times he would excitedly shout out something and then his co-host would immediately and calmly correct him on both what happened and the car(s) involved.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thanks, y'all!
    acket.