Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2006 Crown Victoria

My 2006 Crown Victoria

I have had a 2006 CVPI since about 2015. Since then the transmission had been rebuilt and had new tires and brakes among the normal maintenance.

Last two days its started with a rubbing/vibration that I can't figure out the cause of.

Only happens above 40mph and only in left turns. Pulled the tire off and snooped around. I see nothing out of place and no obvious wear from rubbing.

The splashguard thing seems flimsy but I dont know if that would be the issue.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Ball joints are worn out.

Balljoint or wheel bearing

Ball Joint.

Turns out it was the wheel bearing. It managed to disintegrate the ABS sensor as well.

Next mission is the Airbag light. Seems to be a sensor issue with the passenger seat belt pretensioner. So I probably need to visit the take a part or shell out a bunch of cash to Ford.

Why do you want to fix it? State inspection, or just the general concern that it won't deploy with the light on?

Honestly the passenger seat barely ever gets used. I just want to be rid of the annoying light plus the delightful noise that accompanies it every time you start the car.

The various warning lights are the brightest things on the dash, I even avoid using high beams due to how bright the dash light is for them.

Have you tried applying a little Scotch tape over the light to dull it a bit?

So the blower motor seems to have died.

A couple weeks ago I noticed it was blowing really weakly while accelerating, steady cruise or idling while stopped. It'd suddenly go to full speed while braking though. Then Monday I get in the car and its not working at all. Hit a bump on my way to work and suddenly its back on, worked fine on the drive home as well. Today no go at all. No airflow no noises. After work I smacked the blower and it started working weaker than ever but then stopped after a while.

So, since they aren't super expensive and the car is 12 years old I'm just going to replace it. I have a bit of confusion that maybe you guys can help with however. While looking online for them I see Clockwise and Counter Clockwise blower rotations. Does it matter which one I get?

It probably(?) matters. And honestly, that sounds like it might be the blower motor resistor, assuming that its a separate part number, which I think it is.
    I can't fathom what would inspire ford to do two different designs of a part that late in a vehicle's life - is the part you're looking at complete with the squirrel cage? Because that might have something to do with it.
    -Formerly Stabulator