Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Nationals TT Tour

Yeah, what really sucks is McLaren knew about the issue before Andy did.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Sweet! Just had a look at the schedule and they are coming to Nelson’s Ledges.

Should be able to make a weekend out of it. As long as Mr Trivia Night and Sir Bionic Hip can take a break.
    Nelson's Ledges has been replaced with Gingerman (South Haven, MI).
    VIR has been replaced with Summit Point (WV).

Gingerman is a fun course, albeit short at like 2.2 miles.

I'll probably still make an effort to get down to Summit Point to watch. It's about 3.5 hours for me. It's also more accessible to The359 if he wants to come out, so that's cool.

New year, new schedule:

https://timetrials.scca.com/articles...red-by-hagerty

Round 1: March 28/29, Location TBA, CA
    Round 2: May 8/9, Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA (with Global Time Attack)
    Round 3: May 23/24, Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw, SC
    Round 4: June 6/7, Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur, TX
    Round 5: June 13/14, The Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, WA (with Global Time Attack)
    Round 6: July 3/4, Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, Thompson, CT
    Round 7: July 18/19, GingerMan Raceway, South Haven, MI
    Round 8: August 8/9, Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, OH
    Round 9: August 29/30, New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, NJ (with Global Time Attack)
    Time Trials Nationals: September 17-20, NCM Motorsports Park, Bowling Green, KY
    I will be at Carolina, Thompson, Gingerman, Nelson, NCM, and maybe but not likely NJMP.

I'm putting out feelers with some folks to see if we can turn Gingerman into a mini-GTXF meet. It's in South Haven, Michigan which is a few miles from lake Michigan. It's a really pleasant piece of property, even has a pond you can fish in. These events have a very large social component, Fri/Sat nights they provide a cookout dinner and free beer. It's a camping thing for me and most folks, but you could conceivably go into South Haven for a hotel if you want. This track has nice showers, a social hall, refreshment stand, and somewhere to charge phones and stuff. Generally there is no entry fee for spectators unless the track charges independently.

My car will be prepped to NASA SpecE46/SCCA T3 level for next season. Fully stripped interior, cage, harnesses, spec exhaust, suspension, and a new-to-me motor. I've invited Phil to co-drive for Gingerman and/or Nelson Ledges. I'm hoping to get other people into the car throughout the season as well.

I know Tyler is in for Nats at least, and maybe Road Atlanta. Would be fun to get the Gingerman thing going. The Nelson Ledges track has improved a lot, but the guest facilities are basically non-existent. That's why I'm encouraging meeting up at Gingerman.

I might have to attend the Road Atlanta event since it's so close.

If you do I have a promo code I can give you that might knock a few bucks off the price. They told me it would be good for 2020 but they say a lot of stuff that ends up getting conveniently forgotten.
    Last edited by dodint; November 20th, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

Hopefully, it won't be 100F in Kershaw this time. Man, I couldn't stand it.

Yeah, that was nuts. I didn't really feel it until I was done driving on Sunday, but it hit me like a ton of bricks when we were packing up.

My buddy Scott plans to come down and co-drive with me at Carolina. He's never done any kind of racing at all before, true novice. Should be a blast.

The schedule looks pretty east-coast and midwest biased. Too bad Eagles Canyon isn't before OLOA.

Wonder why so secretive about the CA event...

The contract isn't signed.

And yeah, there is a lot of grumbling about the lack of west coast events. And by not negotiating a date with Kansas or Colorado they've effectively punched a hole in the central midwest as well.

I'm very fortunate. They couldn't come to an agreement with Pittrace, a track 35 minutes away, so they're going to Nelson Ledges, which is 90 minutes away. It's a new venue for me and I won't have to take any time off work for it.