Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Nationals TT Tour

I just put in for my first event off, I will be trying to do Carolina Motorsports Park.

Does this mean you're out for Road Atlanta?

I'm trying to be at CMP. The SpecE46 won't be ready, I'm almost certain. Thinking of trading the Z4 on an interim DD/track day car I can run in Sport class. Or I might try to find a co-drive. Or drive the Vette if Tyler does go.

I have no idea, really. I can't imagine not finding *something* though.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    The schedule looks pretty east-coast and midwest biased. Too bad Eagles Canyon isn't before OLOA.

Wonder why so secretive about the CA event...
    Not sure if you follow the FB group, but all signs point to:

Spoiler:
    Autoclub Speedway

I have a really kind of out there plan to attend that one but there are a lot of pieces that would have to fall into place for that to work.

Heh, the partial oval with infield looks like a penis.

I'll probably skip RA, because honestly, I need to just get the car healthy first. That gives me an additional 2 weeks. Truth be told, I'll be fighting to make that happen most likely. I'm also under the impression that RA is hard on cars, and on drivers.

Dunno how accurate that ideas is though.

Other than the surface being hardened gravel (repave is coming in 2020, just after the TTNT event) CMP is a pretty good place to shake down a build. Relatively flat, not a lot of stuff to hit. I'll probably get a 'garage' bay this year so if you do have to tear into it you won't have to do it on the sand. Road Atlanta is a tough place to start a season at with a car that is untested. Then again, that's a long tow to make if the car does shit the bed, and it's in the middle of nowhere so we can't just zip down to the parts store real quick.

My uncle lives in Maryville, TN. Last year we met up at his place on Thursday night and drove to the track Friday.

If the current weather trend continues, it should be very pleasant at CMP. Difficult to predict two weeks out though. This time last year it was already 95+F (35C) every day.

There is currently a conflict between the SC Phase 1 reopening and the TTNT format. The track can technically only support six cars on a rental weekend. We're kind of in a holding pattern until that gets sorted.

There are 69 (*giggity*) cars entered as of today.

Hmm.

Yup, I'm out. I de-registered. I don't want to speak for him but I'm pretty sure Tyler is out as well, a combination of travel restrictions and mechanical concerns.

Disappointing, but understandable.