Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest app downloads

Your latest app downloads

I just recently downloaded the Home Depot app, because I have essentially taken up residence there with the garage build. Does this mean I have officially made it to "Adult" status?

I think the “latest” app I installed on my phone was the YouTube app. It was years ago. That tells you how often I install apps.

Administrator
    I installed the Clear app recently after hearing it was a good one for showing proof of vax. Here in CA, the state will provide you with a Clear-compatible QR code that you can save to your phone's "wallet", but I thought it might be handy in case I'm in another state and maybe they balk at it or something.

Then it asked for a shitton of information including a picture of my face so they could photo ID me.

Uninstall.

I installed Hinge because so many people talked it up on a recent post, my first 10 results were all cookie cutter alcoholic white women. I uninstalled.

(Exaggerated for effect)
    Get that weak shit off my track

Speaking of that, what is a good app for vax verification? So far I’m just relying on my photo app!

Latest app I installed was for my garage opener. Had to replace the old one because either the remote or the receiver was bad… found one on sale from Costco. Figured it’ll be cheaper/easier to just replace the whole thing rather try to find parts the fix the old one… very happy with our new genie opener!

I think the last app I downloaded was a stupid game I saw on Facebook called Two Dots. I was lured in by the fake video, as the game was totally unlike what was advertised. I played it for a few minutes and just deleted it. Plus it was overloaded with ads, part of the reason why I don’t play many games on my phone or iPad anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    (Exaggerated for effect)
    Good call. You don’t want to be accused of being a racist, as some on here are easily confused.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Speaking of that, what is a good app for vax verification? So far I’m just relying on my photo app!
    Not sure if you got your vaccinations while you were in CA or if you'd gone to WA by then, but if you got them here, you can go to https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ and get a link sent to your phone that will let you add it to your wallet. The wallet only allows additions from governmental agencies, healthcare corps, or agencies endorsed by one of those two. It's pretty legit, and the ones that come from that link are digitally signed and have all your information in the QR code. (I did a fair bit of research into this, the CLEAR style ones are probably the best, based on an open standard and have solid crypto backing them, but the wallet restrictions themselves do a good job of making even the human readable part trustworthy). Otherwise, at least here in LA a picture of your card on your phone is proof enough, even though that's not exactly hard to fake.

I'd be surprised if Washington didn't have a similar program to get proof of vax. I have no idea if states have a data sharing agreement - we're a little limited because nobody wants to be okay with a federal program for this, so it's all up to the states.

EDIT: http://WAVerify.org appears to be how you do verification in Washington. I have to imagine you probably need to contact them if you need to consolidate records between states. Alternately, you can just add the vax records from both states as separate entries to your wallet and I would assume people would accept that.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; November 14th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.

Yeah, of course we got our back in CA, only my daughter recently got her shot in WA…

Yeah, since there isn’t any federally back system in place, every state is probably doing their own thing… I guess I’ll just stick with the photo on my phone for now. Thanks though!

Administrator
    Well, nothing's preventing you from getting the vaccine records into your phone wallets based on those links. I prefer them to a photo as they're actually cryptographically signed and impossible-enough to fake that they work as real proof, and you can always fall back to the photo if for some reason some place doesn't want to deal with them.

You also get the fun of downloading the SMART Health Card Verifier app and pointing it at everyone else's phone.

Oh, okay. Will give that a try. Thanks again!