Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattooz

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Some professions allow tattoos, but it depends on your country/state/region etc sometimes.

New Zealand Police are allowed tattoos, but Air New Zealand staff aren't.

Ashie, my wife is thinking about a sleeve of tattoos too but i suggested (at least for now) she stick to the upper arms and then see how she feels. I think you can get make up that covers tats, but yeah.

Hard to tell if they are being more accepted or not, but in my opinion it shouldn't matter. I only suggested to wifey that she hold back a little for now because i was worried about her future job prospects - which is stupid, because it shouldn't matter what colours your skin is when it comes to employment. So long as they aren't offensive.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    tattoos are so ubiquitous
    In a social context yes, but to the person wearing it, it carries significance grounded on personal emotions, morals and aesthetics; and that to me, means art.

That said, I feel they are currently so safe and easily available to get that, kids these days go for a new one for every menial thing that happens to them, and with only so much footage of skin available, then their ink clusters lose artistic value.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I have three, first one i got is small and on the inner side of the upper arm. It was meant to be a reminder, but... I don't always follow its advice. Second one was supposed to be the last one, but it didn't come out as expected so that has become more of a reminder and the third was just a way to lightening up the botched one, but they're so different there's no cohesion among them.

They're all on the left arm/shoulder and mostly hidden from view.
    acket.

I completely understand giving her the advice to hold off, as it shouldn't matter but it does in some context. I have seen some beautiful sleeves and some that was just randomness thrown together that looks a hot mess.

Another tattoo that I'm thinking about is when and if I get breast implants to get nipples tattoo on. I've seen the work I'm just not sure if it will make me happy/ feel normal which is the most important part for me.

Junior Potato
    I’m pretty sure that NZ is more open minded about tattoos than other countries, because of their significance to Maoris and their family lines. That police officer next to the dog doesn’t just have ‘tribal tattoos’ that were popular in the early 00s. That tattoo relates to his family.

These days even McDonald’s allows their employees to have big beards and visible tattoos. You just have to look neat.