Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 MotoGP

Junior Potato
    Imagine if... dare I say it... Rossi was on a Ducati instead of a Yamaha

Junior Potato
    I think you guys should have a listen to this: Boris Mihailovic, the guy behind Dear George, and Tug McClutchin, an anonymous MotoGP satire columnist (and also real journalist), and some Italian bloke named Freido, have teamed up for a MotoGP podcast, called MotoPG.

https://open.spotify.com/show/709U7z...T2CZEl066VITaA

They're on to episode two and talking about Misano this week.

FYI, for anyone that has the monthly pass for MotoGP, they have a special for the rest of the season (Through Nov. 18) for €9.99. With the monthly pass, the rest of the season (full Oct. and Nov.) would be $39.98.

Of course they sent that email right after my monthly pass renewed, but I reached out to google and a refund was approved immediately for my Oct. sub.

Don't know how this applies to those that pay through MotoGP rather than google, nor outside the U.S.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; October 4th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.

On free tv in Australia. Can’t get F1, but MotoGP still on.

Another good race. Been a good season. Good to see new talent coming to the top - Fabio will get his turn.

Junior Potato
    Oh yes. Quatararo will put Marquez in a choke-hold one day. But that day might be a little while yet.

I've observed that right now we're in a full generational shift.

Doohan to Rossi. Rossi to Marquez.

When Rossi was winning, part of his career overlapped quite a lot with Lorenzo's. The two of them took championships off each other but neither of them took full dominance.

Now, Marquez has come along late enough in Rossi's career that Rossi isn't young and fast enough to challenge him, so Marquez is the one with the talent and speed to beat everyone else.

Now, Quatararo has been a shining light, but he might be too early in Marquez's career to take dominance from the Spaniard. Assuming Quatararo keeps up his momentum, he might indeed win some championships, but Marquez is still strong enough that he will take titles away from Quatararo.

Either way, it will be very fun to watch.

Doohan to Rossi. Rossi to Marquez.

Marquez to whom?

Right now that person might be in the Spanish junior championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Marquez to whom?
    Marquez.

Marquez has destroyed a very strong field, Rossi (a couple of years ago), Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Dovizioso. Was a pity he and Stoner never went head to head.
    But what has been amazing has been his consistancy - some of the others have had strong bursts or tracks that suited, but Marquez is always near the front. His podium record is amazing.
    I think Quatararo might get there to challenge and beat him regularly. But unless he also gets that amazing consistancy he wont be challenging for titles, not without Marquez having an injury and missing races.

Junior Potato
    Latest word around the campfire is that Jorge will be spending more time on his yacht next year.

Announcement to come at Valencia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Latest word around the campfire is that Jorge will be spending more time on his yacht next year.

Announcement to come at Valencia.
    He already debunked the rumours today. Bah.
    Ducati is interested in Vinales meanwhile.

Junior Potato
    Hm.

Who will Ducati give to boot to then?