Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Formula E - The New Hotness?

In terms of racing I think the MotoE would be closer in pace to MotoGP than the F-E to F1.
    It also looks and feels like the "real thing" - even if it doesnt sound like it!

No way they’ll ever match the real thing. Just as horseless carriages would never match horse carriages!

Another gimmick F-E could add is allowing for autonomous teammates! Becoming test bed for those rich autonomous companies...

Considering how it has grown, I can foresee F-E surpassing F1 eventually. Even F1 has became hybrids. So natural conclusion for F1 will probably either become irrelevant or perhaps simply merge or take over F-E in about a decade or so?

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    There is plans for an autonomous racing series coming soon I believe....there was an autonomous car that went through Goodwood during the Festival of Speed. There's literally no cockpit at all
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Junior Potato
    Billi, I believe the long-term plan for Formula E is for it to drive development of electric racing cars and eventually become one of many electric racing series. It won’t supplant F1, as that will turn into a E-category on its own in the coming decades. It’s meant to lead to a world where we eventually replace petrol powered racing with electric racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    There is plans for an autonomous racing series coming soon I believe....there was an autonomous car that went through Goodwood during the Festival of Speed. There's literally no cockpit at all
    It’d be awesome to have a series of some sort that can pit men against machines in a fair way. When machines can win drivers championships, then the world will probably be ready for them on public roads.

Such series would definitely get my attention.