Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Formula E - The New Hotness?

Well all that makes perfect sense.

I have never liked Bob Varsha as an announcer so hearing his voice on these races is quite unpleasant.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I really want them to come to Surfers Paradise and run on the circuit here in the weekend before the Supercars race, but I doubt they want to be seen to be associated with a low-tech gas-guzzling event like our V8s proudly are
    It'd be soooo cool to see them tackle Laguna Seca or the short course at Watkins Glen or a modified version of the historic American circuits.

Doesn't Phoenix have an infield course?
    acket.

Yeah that would be great. There are a few MotoGp courses that I have seen (that F1 doesn’t run) that are really nice and tight as well.

I kind of enjoy watching FE but I think it’s because I thought a decent track might present itself soon. All these tight street courses are just point and shoot. There are no alternative driving lines.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    It'd be soooo cool to see them tackle Laguna Seca or the short course at Watkins Glen or a modified version of the historic American circuits.

Doesn't Phoenix have an infield course?
    Laguna would be cool but its elevation might be a problem. Watkins Glen is way too fast.

Phoenix did have a tight infield course but it was redeveloped to focus on accommodating NASCAR when they reconfigured the oval.

A good bet could be the Sebring north course which skips the front and back stretch. They don’t do mid-race pit stops so the lack of pit lane would not be an issue.

Another option that comes to my mind is Franciacorta in Italy. Tight, flat, plenty of turns. Too Mickey Mouse for proper racing but probably just right for FE.

Watched the Mexico race. New cars are faster for sure. No fan boost gimmicks. Good to see them at a F1 track to start off.

Junior Potato
    I'll have to check it out.

I read that the new-for-this-year Hankooks are a bit Flintstone and that, plus some brake issues, made the new cars slower in the 2 of the three sectors that they shared with the Gen 2s.

Feelers from journos on site were that the Gen3 are already more pleasing to watch than F3s. Hopefully their development can make them reach F2 levels of performance at some venues.
    acket.

Just checked out the race highlight on youtube. At the start of the race, I couldn't tell if it's real life or a video game! Testament to how amazing video games are nowadays...

Anyway, I'm surprised that they don't have rear wings anymore? Just rear fins? It's also cool to be able to hear tire/rubber sounds as they turn!

If they can now run on normal F1 tracks, I suppose that's a huge improvement.

Crazy that a 'minor' bump would cause multiple fractures to Robin Frijns' arm.
    acket.

It’s not full Mexico F1 track…shortened version.

You can see them struggling to put power down coming out of corners. Which is great. The more wiggly the better