Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Division 2

I did register my interest on their website, the day it was available. It was not guaranteed beta access unless you pre-ordered.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I did not pre-order, so I'm still waiting for the public beta/demo/whatever.
    In a couple of weeks time I believe.

Junior Potato
    Here we go everyone, March 1st to 4th. Looks like a fully open beta.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ated-for-march

This is the kind of thing that makes me actually care about open world games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._own_lives_in/

So in the technical beta your outposts send out teams and those teams will have notes about them like "Scavenging for food" or whatever. And I just thought that like in division 1 it was more or less an abstract. That was until I was walking next to them once and a lady mentioned "you can join us if you want, we could use the help"

What? I thought... This was what I thought was just some nameless NPC and they said that it threw me for a loop. So I was like okay... I joined them. No prompt, no "accept mission" i just walked along with them.

I watched them as they cleared some debris, one of them was carrying a cooler. We walked into an old parking lot and some other places, i watched them rummage the remnants of the christmas market in Chinatown.

The whole time they are talking back and forth, even once or twice they mention you. They are aware youre following them. They talk about their old lives and how they miss coffee when we walk by the starbucks. And when enemies were present they very carefully put down the box of stuff they were carrying then set up a defensive and fight.

I followed them all the way down F street and back to the theatre at which point they appeared to hand a box to some of the guards then walk off. They all seemed to split up and go hang out in the base.

The clan features sound interesting as well.
    PC Gamer: The Division 2 will have 50-person clans with their own progression system.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-division...ession-system/

Clans are all well and good until everyone in your clan stops playing the game.......

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    This is the kind of thing that makes me actually care about open world games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision..._own_lives_in/
    That’s actually pretty cool. I love ambient storytelling like this.

Junior Potato
    Heads up:

Everyone can pre-load the open beta on your platform of choice starting now.

Sooo how is it?

Very much like The Division. I've been playing mostly solo, though I did a little bit with Boda. The enemies are more powerful/aggressive, and some of the skills and mods are less useful than they were in the original, so it takes some getting used to the new power dynamic. Also, in the beta, Pulse is not available, and the environments are, overall, darker than the first Division, so it can be quite difficult to spot your enemies.

I have yet to find/unlock a scope that allows you to aim down sights, instead of just having a minor zoom over the shoulder. This is another problem that will likely be solved at a certain progression level. Edit: Correction, the ACOG you unlock pretty quickly lets you aim down the scope, I just hadn't properly installed it I guess.

The world itself is great, though. A number of random events in the world, outposts that you save will have roaming groups looking for supplies as discussed earlier, and you can donate supplies to them as well. I have a feeling that it will feel more like actually saving a city than The Division did, and your main base and all of the big shelters will greatly reflect how much work you've done.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; March 2nd, 2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track