Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Apex Legends

I played quite a bit of games with Novi this weekend and we came close to winning a few games. We slow play games, drop into a place most people avoid and then move around and try and stay alive as long as possible. Let the other groups weed themselves out, pick them clean, get into the last 3 groups and then move in at the end to maybe win the game.

My favorite weapons are all heavy weapons; Spitfire, Flatline, Hemlok and Wingman. That's if I can find them, . Especially the Spitfire. Most games I can find a Hemlok or Flatline and Wingman. I also don't mind the G7, Devotion with Turbocharger, and R301. EVA-8 isn't bad also as long as I get a shotgun bolt. Novi informed me that the Hemlok can be toggled to single fire mode and I really like it in that mode. And reading up on the guns it appears that all of the AR's can be toggled. [taps finger together]Veddy Intesting[/taps finger together]

When I first started playing the game I basically just used Bangalore. But I never did great with her, so I started to branch out and try other characters. I've used all of them a little bit but I think I have settled on Pathfinder for now. His ability to see where the new rings will be especially as it gets small helps with my play style. And I am starting to work on using his grapple in combat.

After dinner last night, I jumped on and played for a while. Ended up with a few good groups and even won two games in a row. First was with a group that played like I do (I dropped us into the burned out place) and we worked our way across the map, ended up with some good gear. I got my beloved Spitfire and some nice attachments along the way. No mics with this group but we played together. The end ring was between Slum Lakes and Runoff. Right up on top of the big hill above Slum Lakes, so no buildings. In the end we had the high ground and the other groups didn’t. We just mowed them down as they came up over the edge of the hill, FTW.

The next group, all three of us had mics. Which as we commented, made us winners from the getgo. We dropped into Relay alone and we ended up with some good gear. We moved around the area but noticed the ring was coming toward our area. So we just wandered around that corner of the map. We took out a few stragglers and then retreated back to the Eastern edge of Wetlands. We heard other groups fighting it out coming toward us and we just hung out and let them whittle each other down. With three groups remaining a firefight broke out between the other two groups at the Western side of Wetlands. At that point the ring was basically just over Wetlands and we moved to the building in the middle ground and as I took pot shots at them with my Longbow, my other teammates moved up the right side stairs to flank them. As they traded shots, I then moved up behind my teammates and when the other team rushed us we took them down, FTW.

We started a party channel after that match and played for around 1-1.5 hrs together after that, almost winning a few other matches. The game is just fun, especially with friends, even new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    The single player campaign is one of the finest gaming experiences a person can get. It's truly brilliant and so well done!
    Thanks, and so far I agree!!

I've been really liking the Prowler with the Select fire hopup recently.

So a long, long time since I last updated this. I still play most nights, in fact pretty much every night TBH. Still loving it but they also just announced Season 3 with a NEW MAP!

Right, if anyone still plays this hit me up with your Gamertags. Be aware though if you join me or I join you you console peasants will be dragged into PC lobbies.

I can't handle such high level play
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I can't handle such high level play
    I'm hardly good. My Overall K/D is well below 1.0.