Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Apex Legends

I saw some cool highlights, thanks to ziplines, on Highlight Reel, and it seems they made some smart QOL decisions (a couple of which remind me of Overwatch) which should push the genre and similar games forward.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/9/182...ster-ui-colors

Respawn are great. Titanfall was awesome and really introduced new mechanics and types of flow into the stagnant shooter genre. The wall-running and double-jump were great. I bought Titanfall 2 at full price and haven't even played it, but I don't regret buying it one bit. It's a pity that both were not as commercially successful as some other notorious shooter series' out there.

I haven't even loaded Apex Legends, but I am sure it will be awesome given its pedigree and as a gaming friend of mine who really enjoyed Titanfall 1 (and 2) also thinks it's awesome.

Blerpa and Cam can go play other games and refuse to try or play or whatever this game on whatever basis they want. Those opinions are irrelevant to me and have NEVER BEEN INSTALLED.

I'm terrible at shooters... terrified of BR mechanics... and usually only pair with randoms while I never talk. I'm LOVING this game!! It's fun!

To those who won't try it, I suggest either watching this...

Or you could try reading this...

Wow. This game hit 25 million unique players in a week.

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/...507110914?s=19

Now... it's not F2P, but as a reference point, BFV has sold 7.3 million copies (I actually quite enjoy BFV, for what it's worth).

Being free to play completely changes the dynamics. BFV's 7.3 million copies is, conservatively, almost half a billion dollars. Apex Legend's 25 million players is zero.

I'm downloading Apex Legends now just to give it a try. If they figured out how to get you out of the loop of explore->fight->die->restart that is the building block of how battle royale games function, I will be impressed.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Respawn are great. Titanfall was awesome and really introduced new mechanics and types of flow into the stagnant shooter genre. The wall-running and double-jump were great. I bought Titanfall 2 at full price and haven't even played it, but I don't regret buying it one bit. It's a pity that both were not as commercially successful as some other notorious shooter series' out there.
    I’ve been meaning to fire up TF2 again since buying a PS4 Pro, but haven’t gotten around to it because reasons. I finally did that last night and played the level where you’re in the factory and the robots are building the pre-fabricated homes around you while you navigate the production line and avoid the enemies. Now that is a fun and unique level. The set-piece battle around the completed neighbourhood, plus the boss fight at the end were just fantastic.

I played two rounds, both as the medic. The first match I was put on a team by myself, and the second I was teamed up with one level 24 teammate. I followed them around and we won a couple of shootouts. This game would be excellent for chatting with your friends because there is just so much downtime.

So if anyone else is playing on XBox and wants to give it a try as a squad, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    If they figured out how to get you out of the loop of explore->fight->die->restart that is the building block of how battle royale games function, I will be impressed.
    It's exactly like that except that each character has a abilities. But most of the time those abilities don't come into play and it works just like a regular BR. At least from my initial playtime.

I have it so hit me up if you see me online.

Couple of vids from the first few days I played. Definitely a different pace. I find this game has much less downtime than PUBG. Maybe more on par with Blackout.

Got a very nice couple of guys on my second game and we ended up winning. Wingman all day

I did the training mission and one match. I've realised that I"m also not that fond of Battle Royale games, but yeah, this is a good game anyway because Respawn.