Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit (new thread)

Junior Potato
    And they have more money than the rest of them.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so um....among all of the other insanity going on in the world this month... Brexit...um.... Brexited

Not sure what's going to happen now....did they have enough of time to prepare things for a smooth transition I wonder?

No real change until the end of the year. Transition period just means they keep all the trade stuff but have to follow all EU rules while having no say in them. Next big date is end of the year when they haven’t got everything in place and either have to crash out into WTO rules or extend.

Love that they are spending this year paying into the system, and playing by their rules, but get absolutely no say about anything. I still feel like this is gonna end up falling on it’s face and UK will end up remaining, or crawling back in a couple years.

In the biblical story of tower of Babel, everyone in the world spoke the same language and they were supposedly pretty good at building whatever tall structures capable of reaching to the heaven... so why did God mess with them?

Pride. They weren't working together to be helpful to one another... they were only doing it to be like God... to beat God... to replace God. Doing it because they can! They thought they can play God...

It was shortly after that time, people supposedly started to speak different languages. World's 1st nationalists came into existence because of God's intervention.

Whether UK exists or remains, it's not really our business. Obviously enough people in UK felt screwed over to want out. Just like enough Americans felt screwed to want a complete reversal from Obama to Trump.

If EU does a good job, sure, someday UK may want to join again. If not, surely it won't be the end of the world.

Sometimes I do wonder perhaps we'd be better off to get rid of the U in USA. Let's just go our separate ways and have Blue States of America and Red States of America... and see which America can do better and stop fighting, hindering and tripping over each other...

US government is currently a very tall structure too. We often end up playing God politically and financially around the world. If we don't change our ways, either we'll implode or somebody else will come in and break us up.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 4th, 2020 at 01:17 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    So SNP, IndyRef2... anybody care to explain?
    acket.

The UK parliament won't give them a referendum.

We have Wexit in this country. People from the western provinces who are disgruntled that Justin Trudeau won again, this time over their pointy hat wearing rascal. They want to separate from Canada.

I say fuck off.

Meghxit is the new Brexit, dah-link!!

Junior Potato
    Half of Australia was calling for Quexit back in May last year, when a whole load of voters from Far North Queensland returned our failure of a government back to office in the last federal election.

I tend to agree with them