Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new garbagewagon

Yep, and I'd say late '80s - early '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp
    The bed needs to have pallets stacked up higher than the cab roof.
    Yes!

'92-'95. '88-'91 had the ugly front end with the flush mounted lights. '92 brought the face lift that softened it up a bit and made it look a hell of a lot better than the previous generation. In '97 came the generation in your photo.

I've seen quite a few trucks stacked almost that high.
    Last edited by speedpimp; March 29th, 2019 at 02:26 PM.

A tip o' the cap to the Fordmeister!

The story goes that a friend basically gifted this truck to another friend. It's in awful shape, but they said the other friend could have it if they wanted to. It needed a couple things just to get on the road. However, it was parked in front of their house on the street in Detroit pretty much all winter. Well, about a month ago the cops did a sweep and decided that since it was parked on the street and not registered, they were going to tow it.

My friend did not have enough money on hand to pay the fees to get it out of impound, and it really pisses me off how the city basically steals peoples' cars, so I decided that rather than let the city keep the car and auction it off, I would pay to bail it out of impound. So it became my truck essentially just for the cost of getting it out of impound.

WhenI first got it, it was absolutely hemorrhaging brake fluid from a rusted out line on the rear axle. I replaced that today, and the brakes are pretty much functional again, so it's drivable. I think the RF wheel bearing is badly worn out, so I want to replace that soon because the steering feels very wandery. It's concerning. Aside from that, I think it's more or less safe to drive.

4D4_0873.jpg

Somebody backed into the truck, I think when it was parked on the street in front of my house. There's a huge dent in the side of the bed. I didn't notice it happened until a few days afterward because there are already so many crumpled body panels and so much rust. It's been raining all day today. I wonder if anyone is alarmed that it's been parked on the street with the windows down all day in a steady rain. I'm beginning to feel like a bad neighbor for parking this thing in my neighborhood.

Maybe they're trying to send you a message that you're bringing down their property values by having it parked out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    Somebody backed into the truck.
    Roughly how many $ worth of improvements do you think this caused?

Junior Potato
    To think, all this time outside and it still has less rust than a well-looked-after Alfasud.

Yee haw!

I got nothing.