Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repetitive Stress

I'm not normally either, and if I throw a controller it's usually just onto a big cushy ottoman. But I'm not going to lie, the temptation is there. Only with Rocket League though. I think it's because the mental processes you're using are fundamentally the same as regular sports, but there is no way to blow off frustration when things go tits up. If I'm playing hockey and someone gets around me and scores I can tap my stick on the rink, punch the boards, or just skate a little and it wears off. With Rocket League you're on edge for 5-7 minutes and the *poof* the match ends because of a mistake you made. Gahhhhhhhh.

Junior Potato
    One of my brothers used to light up while playing video games. I distinctly remember the N64 controllers copping it on a few occasions. Thankfully Nintendo took this into account and made em sturdy.

I would only abuse PS2 controllers. PS3 and 4 controllers are too damn expensive to keep replacing.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Back in the Genesis days, I found that if you swing a wired-controlled like an axe onto the concrete floor, it can be instantly dis-assembled completely. I never did find all the bits...

Since my wife got word of her new job, I've been doing a lot of waiting. I am 99% sure I have a job lined up, but it would not start until Oct. 9. What does a gamer do to spend some time? Play games, of course. Alas, it seems I have given myself "tennis elbow" from using a controller too much. I started to feel pain in my left elbow about two months ago. I procrastinated seeing a doctor about it because of the move and stuff. Yesterday, I really aggravated it by using a rowing machine in the gym. I went to a walk-in clinic today. There was nothing unusual on the x-ray and my symptoms are consistent with lateral epicondylitis. I will be regularly taking ibuprofen and taking a break from controller use for at least a week. We will see if it improves.

I figure I can still play ETS/ATS though.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    /me sees thread creator..../me sees most recent person posting.

I'm seeing a pattern

Had similar elbow pain (not from gaming) and six months rest didn't help much at all (early pandemic, was easy to not strain it).
    Working out in a rehab manner (less weight, maximum range of moti9on and much slower movements) did help and even when there's pain it's just minor.

Did have a game related thumb issue, was in teh same boat : how after decades of d-pad use is it just catching up to me now. It just fixed itself after a while.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    using a controller too much
    I know life can be hard sometimes. Look out for yourself