Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think a lot of that demo was for the devs more than gamers....to be able to substantially increase workflow on the dev side is huge and Unreal Engine is used for a lot of PC games also, it's not a PS5 thing

Junior Potato
    I posted it here because it's "running on PS5" and because it's the first real glimpse of next-gen console gaming.

I do understand the PC aspect though.

Administrator
    I thought it looked spectacular (except the water simulation), and hope that their new lighting system might make endurance races that much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    and hope that their new lighting system might make endurance races that much cooler.
    Don't you give me false hope like that!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

Click on image. Careful because a bear might drop.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Having been to the Next Level offices and met some of their employees, I highly doubt they have any inside info on Gran Turismo 7, or indeed any upcoming racing games. They're just plebs like us but they make okay racing seats.

If there is any involvement prior to launch, it'll be a distributor-run industry event close to release as part of the carefully managed marketing plan for the title. I've been to one, from the days when I worked for a retailer - it was for the PSP, which used retail hardware from overseas, because back in those days there was months to wait between JPN, US, and EU launches.

But I'd like to know what was going through the brain of whoever it was that made that graphic. It was either a calculated attempt by NLR's social media person to gain attention with a fake logo, or a very silly mistake.

Any speculation at this time amounts to pure not-news. The only word we ever get on this will be from Sony themselves.

They have confirmed that they had no knowledge and just made a logo themselves to put on their image. It has definitely helped their visibility.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; May 22nd, 2020 at 03:58 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Sony has outlined a few cross-compatibility requirements for PS4 and PS5.

They’re already stated that they’re not interested in having PS5 games backwards-compatible with PS4, unlike Microsoft who will have XSX games available to run in lower fidelity on XB1.

But they are requiring developers who submit a game for certification for PS4 after July 13 to be forwards-compatible with PS5 right from the get-go. Certification doesn’t mean release, though. For example Ghost of Tsushima comes out on July 17th but will have been certified prior to that. But that game is already all-but-confirmed to be a forward-compatible title.

Eurogamer has all the luscious details:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ony-tells-devs

Junior Potato
    We now know what the console looks like. There are two versions: a sleek diskless one, and one with a disk insert bulge.

I’m a fan of physical media but that diskless version looks so nice

Christ, their showcase knocked it out of the park. Really curious about release dates for some of the games announced.