Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5

If its backwards compatible then discs are important for your existing library.
    New to PS or maybe skipped PS4 then its probably much less of a factor. If you have the HD space then downloading games has some advantages - especially not swapping discs to play a different game.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So "Into the Ratchet&Clankverse" looked good, GTA 5 now in 3 CONSOLE Generations, Gran Turismo 7 looks good, hope to see a huge car library and back to proper modding.

Spiderman looks good but I'm realizing I'm just not a big Spiderman fan overall

Console looks way too stylized and not very easy to put somewhere, even if you do lay it down. I wish they would keep it more basic

I think that is a stunning design. Glad it looks nothing like the rumored shape lol.

Junior Potato
    Looks like a clam. A decidedly non-pink one.

I just watched a bunch of trailers of a few games that caught my eye. We are still firmly in the territory of games that are fully possible on current hardware, same as with the XSX trailers from last month. But right now for both consoles at the moment the hardware outstrips the vision of the art team, so it'll be another 12 months before they start really exploring what these things can do.

The new Horizon looks great, some parts of Zero Dawn were phenomenal so expect the same here. And RE8 looks crazy good. Deathloop looked awesome too - the art design is killer, like a 60s crime thriller.

GT7 is my pick of the bunch, but I don't know how far they will push the central GT theme in new directions. Looks like more of the same classic GT to me, which is a nice return to their roots. But I've played so much of GT Sport lately that I can see exactly where they are retreading current GT Sport tech. For example, the AI still looks like ass, and the car models look exactly like their GTS counterparts. They even use the same technique for rendering the trees on the trackside.

GT7 is one that will change a lot before it is released, because Polyphony always pushes the hardware to its limits.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    IMO The problem with GT is that we're already in pretty high res territory with cars/tracks, it's just a matter of filling out the game to the full experience compared to GT Sport. So any changes we see graphically will be incremental.

Of course you could say that about most games on newer hardware, it's more and more challenging to "wow" audiences graphically.

Considering most of my gaming is on my Switch, I agree, graphics are pretty negligible for me. BUT processing capability goes well beyond graphics, I’m looking forward to things like better draw distance, or next to no loading screens between areas in various games.

Junior Potato
    Confirmed: wide PS5 compatibility for PS4 peripherals… depending on the situation.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08...s-accessories/

So VR, racing wheels, and PS4 controllers will work.

But you can’t use PS4 controllers on new games because they’ll take advantage of new features that the old controllers can’t provide.

Best news is that your thousand-dollar direct drive Fanatec wheel will be able to play PS5 racing games.

Thats good news.
    Supporting aftermarket peripherals is more important than old controllers. You get a controller with it, a second is usually not as big expense as a wheel.

I am hoping that the PS5 is the cheapest, easiest way to get into online VR sim racing. No complicated balance of drivers and patches, just buy stuff off the shelf and go.

Not that it needs to be the PS5, I just want *something* to fit that criteria.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Official pricing announced:

Get that weak shit off my track