Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 5

Junior Potato
    So is anyone grabbing one of these today?

Can't find one.

Although, like a cruel dude, I used an AR Filter to insert a PS5 box into a photo and have tricked a quite a lot of people into thinking I got one earlier this week. I had a livestreaming Youtuber friend who started begging me to let him stream from it. Oh, how I laughed, especially as he kept asking although my explanations were full of holes. I'm thinking about how to break it to him that he's been played.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; November 12th, 2020 at 07:52 AM.

Administrator
    Managed to track one down, but haven't had much of a chance to play with it. Downloading GT Sport now, and I transferred my save games which only took a few tries to figure out and looking at a non Sony website for the actual instructions.

I have it set up horizontally as it won't otherwise fit in my electronics cabinet. They claim the mount holds on to the console via friction for a stable base. They lie when they make that claim, the console will constantly try to leap off the base at the slightest provocation.

Hoping to get a couple of games installed and actually get to check it out. Really happy the controllers now charge over USB-C, one more mini-USB charger I can get rid of.

Junior Potato
    The only good part (so far) about PS5 is the ability to play old games at higher frame rates

I suppose PC gaming is like that too.

BUT STILL...

Administrator
    It is kinda feeling that way! I went to go look at the top rated titles so far and there are only a couple that got decent reviews that aren't just higher resolution remakes of older titles, many of which I've got on my PC. Almost seems like everyone got caught off guard that it was coming out.

I never did finish The Last of Us, maybe this'll be my excuse to try again.

I got one over the holidays, currently play mostly Genshin Impact (PS4 title) and NBA 2k21 (PS5 title), so I’m probably not getting “full use” out of it. That being said, instant load times, and it being super quiet have been nice, as well as USB-C controller charging. Looking forward to finally playing FF7 Remake when the PS5 version hits, and then Horizon 2 and GT 7 whenever they launch

Sounds like the jump to PS5 from PS4 is bigger than the jump from PS3 to PS4. Cool.

Administrator
    Tried out that free game that comes with it, Astro something or other. The haptic feedback on the controller is something else. The adaptive triggers could also be huge for racing sims.

The controller is my favorite part.

Playing Borderlands 3, different guns have different trigger resistances.

My uncle decided to buy one today. He didn't realize they were still sold out. Doh.