Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visit to Honda Collection Hall, Motegi

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thanks, dude.
    acket.

Id argue the bikes are almost more important than the cars... the have been the dominant manufacturer for sales and race results for maybe 30 years.

Looks great - Ive done similar tours at BMW, Merc and Porsche - just amazing the history of these companies.
    On my list for my next Japan visit.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I've been to Toyota MegaWeb in Odaiba, Tokyo which has basically a HUGE new car showroom, lots of interactive exhibits, you can test drive cars on a private track (IF you have an international license), and they also have a historical museum nearby which has cars from lots of different brands, kinda nice for Toyota to show appreciation of other brands, not just their own.

I've also seen a Nissan showroom in Yokohama just near one of the main train stations, but no historical cars from what I remember.

Never been to Japan, but will definitely try to visit this museum sometime... thanks for sharing!

BTW, I can't believe Honda Museum always get shafted with the lesser of the 2 F-1 cars... Even the famous McLaren..., they didn't get Senna's car, but only Prost's?!?!?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 23rd, 2019 at 12:14 PM.

Junior Potato
    The exhibits change tho, Billi.

Go find the virtual tour on the museums website, it has the #27 MP4/5B that Senna drove. Looks like it was recently swapped out for the Prost MP4/5 from a year earlier.

Oh really? Didn’t know that... is it customary to swap around cars like that?

Junior Potato
    Museums are always moving exhibits and sharing them around.

Ferrari world has empty spots - I guess the sheik was driving that car for the week

That's crazy..., but I suppose it's easy enough to move cars around. For sure nobody's gonna move the space shuttle out of the California Science Center!